04 || The Maids

---------------------------------------------
Edited on November 20, 2020
---------------------------------------------

Early in the morning, the usually peaceful general's residence suddenly fell into an uproar. Xiao Ren, the head housekeeper, almost flipped the entire house.

"What? You guys haven't seen the general?"

Xiao Ren glared at each maid in the general's residence. He thought that something bad happened to the general.

Yesterday night, he clearly saw that the general was in his room, but why was it that in the morning, not even the shadow of the general was seen?

Inside the residence, he gathered all the servants and maids and kept asking them if they saw the general.

Once he thought of the possibility that his master could be in danger, Xiao Ren felt cold sweat dripping from his back.

If something bad happened to his master, won't the imperial court be in trouble? After all, his master controlled one-third of the military force. This was very serious.

"Military officer Liu, what can you say about this situation..."

Xiao Ren turned his head embarrassedly to Liu Shan, who was one of the important subordinates assigned under the general. Liu Shan himself regularily visits the general's residence.

"Perhaps the general just went out." Liu Shan did not panic like Xiao Ren.

"That's impossible, the guard who oversees the residence didn't see the general go out."

"...The general is a martial artist expert, he might have secretly gone out of the residence by flying through the wall."

"Whenever the general goes out, he always walks out of the residence's main entrance." Xiao Ren replied. "Moreover Officer Liu, do you really think that the general will go out of his own residence by secretly flying through the wall?"

"That's..." Liu Shan started to sweat profusely.

"Officer Liu, how about we make a report?" Xiao Ren suggested.

"Make a report? To which court?"

Xiao Ren's head started to hurt. Normally, the military court would handle missing cases, but he was worried that no one would dare take the general's case.

"The general is a highly ranked officer, if it should be reported, it should be reported in--"

Before he could finish speaking, the master of their residence suddenly appeared in front of their eyes.

"General!" Xiao Ren called with relief, his eyes watering.

"What's the matter?" Xiao Zhi Zhi turned his head towards them, his face radiating with a smile.

Xiao Ren and Liu Shan secretly swallowed their saliva, is that really the general? The general who was always in a bad mood is... smiling!

"Just now, this lowly one didn't see the general inside the room, so we gathered and planned to search for the general." said Xiao Ren.