20 || Being Affectionate

----------------------------------------
Edited on July 19, 2022.
----------------------------------------

Chu Zhu Yu was leisurely sipping tea inside of the Xing Yuan Tea House.

She felt weird because the tea tastes very familiar, it's similar to the tea that she brews everyday.

Even though she can't say that only her tea should have that kind of taste, their menu was just too similar to her tea house in Luo Yang. Every type of tea leaves that they promote, down to the cup, was too similar. Even the scent was exactly the same, so it's impossible to say that it's a coincidence.

"Xiao Er, has your Tea Master ever visited Luo Yang?"

Chu Zhu Yu was very curious, she asked the little boy who was wiping the table across from her.

"Yes lady, you have sharp eyes. Our Tea Master is someone who came from Luo Yang, then settled down here in Cong Zhou. Luo Yang is where the Emperor resides in, so the Tea House there is better than what we have in Cong Zhou. In Cong Zhou, only our Tea House will let you experience the taste of Luo Yang's tea."

Perhaps he was secretly learning from the Tea Master who worked in her Tea House, and then went to Cong Zhou to start a business.

That was Chu Zhu Yu's initial thought.

"Hmm... Can I meet the Tea Master who brewed this? I am also from Luo Yang."

"Well..." the boy hesitated. "Our Tea Master is a unique person, he never shows anyone his face. Even when he is brewing tea, he would always wear a bamboo hat."

"A bamboo hat?"

"My boss said that talented people have peculiar tastes." Xiao Er lowered his head as he answered.

All of a sudden, the streets outside of the Tea House were filled with people, it became very noisy. Most of the people inside of the tea house went outside to see what was happening.

"Pardon me, lady! I need go out to see what is going on!" Xiao Er hurriedly ran outside.

Chu Zhu Yu lifted the boiling cup and resumed sipping her tea.

Even the scent of the tea was similar to her Tea House. However, the way of brewing the tea was slightly different, that's why it also affected the taste.

As she consumed the tea, she inhaled its scent and silently affirmed once again that its scent was similar to hers. However, something was added to slightly change the scent.

"Oh no! This is bad! The soldiers are inspecting every street inside of the city!"

A lot of people started panicking.

"What?"

"Are the bandits here again?"

"Who commanded the search?"

Everyone started whispering to one another.

"They say that the search was instigated by General Xiao, and the soldiers outside were looking for a woman." A man dressed as a scholar told everyone as he returned from the outside.

Bam!

Chu Zhu Yu dropped the tea cup, its contents spilling on the table. The people inside the Tea House turned to look at her. She hurriedly lowered her head, and grabbed the tea cup.

Did Xiao Zhi Zhi really command his troops to inspect the streets? And the woman he is looking for, is it-

"What was the woman's crime?" someone asked.

"I think she isn't a criminal. I saw the portrait given by the soldier, and it wasn't a bounty. The woman also didn't look like someone who would commit a crime." the scholar replied.