13 || You Belong With Me

------------------------------------
Edited on May 25, 2021.
------------------------------------

Nowadays, Xiao Zhi Zhi pampers his eyes daily. He takes good care of his dark circles to the point where Xiao Ren looks at him and sigh.

He never knew that the general cared about his appearance.

While the culprit, Chu Zhu Yu, enjoyed her reward that was given by Xiao Zhi Zhi.

The top grade Jun Shan Yin Zhen tea lah~ Normally, it would be difficult to acquire this tea, but now that the opportunity is here, she should enjoy it.

While Chu Zhu Yu enjoyed her new pleasure, she wanted to let others experience her happiness. So, she also allowed Xiao Ren and Liu Shan to enjoy the top grade tea.

“It really is good tea.” Liu Shan inhaled the fragrance of the tea, and was eager to drink it.

Chu Zhu Yu brewed the tea with expertise, then she gave Liu Shan and Xiao Ren a cup.

After the two accepted the tea, Liu Shan spoke,

“It seems that Lady Chu is an expert at brewing tea, your skills are comparable to a Tea Master at the tea house.”

“Of course, since I was young, I--” worked hard to serve others the best tea at my Tea House.

Luckily, she prevented herself from speaking most of her thoughts out loud. She abruptly changed her sentence.

“--I liked watching other people brew tea, so I often watch the Tea Masters do their job, that’s why I can do it.”

“So that's how it is. I often hear the general say that the tea brewed by the Lady tastes so good, and today I have finally experienced it for myself. The general was right.”

While Liu Shan was drinking the tea, he looked behind him and asked Xiao Ren,

“Come to think of it, where is the general? Why is he not here?"

“This…” Xiao Ren was embarrassed, he didn't know the answer.

“What’s the matter? Did something happen to the general?” Liu Shan got worried as he looked at the embarrassed Xiao Ren.

“No, nothing happened. The general is just treating his eyes right now.”

“What?” Liu Shan hesitated, thinking that he heard wrong.

“The general is treating his eyes.” Xiao Ren replied again.

“Did the general hurt his eyes?”

“That... no. The general wants to remove the dark circles under his eyes.”

Liu Shan felt his jaw drop, since when did the general care about his dark circles? Liu Shan's hands shook, he was afraid that the tea would spill.

“Well, do you want to meet the general?” asked Chu Zhu Yu who was sitting near him.

“Yes, I came to notify the general about the situation in Cong Zhou. The emperor has issued an imperial edict for the general to suppress the rebellion of bandits in Cong Zhou, because of this, the general must depart to Cong Zhou tomorrow.”

“You guys… will go to Cong Zhou?” Zhu Chu Yu whispered. If Xiao Zhi Zhi really departs to Cong Zhou, it means she won't see him for a long time.

When she thought that she can’t see him anymore, she felt empty inside. The warm tea that she enjoyed drinking a moment ago, suddenly felt cold and tasteless, drinking it was awful.

What happened to her? Why was she so affected by the news that Xiao Zhi Zhi was leaving?

Chu Zhu Yu stared blankly at the tea cup in her hand, she couldn't even listen to the conversation anymore.