14 || His Curse

------------------------------------
Edited on May 28, 2021.
------------------------------------

3 days later, inside the horse carriage.

Chu Zhu Yu lifted the curtain near her to look outside the carriage's window. She noticed that they were slowly getting closer to the city wall. There were two big words hanging above the city gates.

"Chang Ping" and not "Cong Zhou".

"Are you sure that coming to Chang Ping won't be a problem?" Chu Zhu Yu asked Xiao Zhi Zhi.

"When dealing with rebellions, sometimes it's better to arrive late rather than come early." Xiao Zhi Zhi replied while reading a book full of reports.

The fifty thousand soldiers were already sent to Cong Zhou under the leadership of Officer Liu, but Xiao Zhi Zhi's real intention is to use only the three thousand elite soldiers that were with him.

They won't go to Cong Zhou immediately. They wanted to pass through Chang Ping first, then go to Cong Zhou after a short stay so that they can investigate the mastermind behind the Cong Zhou rebellion.

Chu Zhu Yu didn't understand the military strategy. She just looked outside the carriage and chattered excitedly,

"When we arrive at Chang Ping, I want to shop around the tea stores. The best tea in Chang Ping is their black tea, so maybe I'll have a chance to buy it when I roam aroun-"

"Zhu Yu" Xiao Zhi Zhi closed the book, and looked at the outside scenery with Chu Zhu Yu, "Do you want to meet my Shi Fu?"

(E/R: Shi Fu - master/teacher)

"Your Shi Fu?" She pondered for a moment.

Since he is the big general Xiao Zhi Zhi, is his Shi Fu-?

"Do you mean the Zen Master, Hui Wu?"

"Yes. Shi Fu is currently in a temple located near the center of Chang Ping, since we are going there, we can stop by his place."

"I can see the Zen Master?" Chu Zhu Yu got excited.

She was thrilled because the person that she will meet is the Zen Master Hui Wu, who was known for being harder to see than even the emperor himself.

The Zen Master was practising isolation so he won't meet with anyone.

"Of course you can." He smiles, "Since you are the person that I have decided to spend my life with, introducing you to Shi Fu is something that I must do."

As they chatted, the horse carriage entered Chang Ping city.

———

On the second day, Chu Zhu Yu finally met the most well-known Zen Master, who was considered to be a living legend around the world.

Amiable-looking, is her first impression.

He had white hair and kind eyes filled with wisdom. Other than his thin physique, his appearance didn't stray far from her imagination.

As folks have said, Xiao Zhi Zhi truly is one of the Zen Master's favorite disciples. He taught everything to Xiao Zhi Zhi, not hiding any skill from him.