08 || Going Out of the Residence

-----------------------------------------
Edited on January 13, 2020.
-----------------------------------------

Wearing very simple clothing and styling her hair with a simple braid, Chu Zhu Yu planned to sneak out through the back door during the afternoon recess, the only time the general's residence is not heavily guarded.

Her hands carefully opened the door knob. When she was about to go out, a very familiar voice called out to her.

“What are you doing?”

Chu Zhu Yu felt her body stiffen. She slowly turned her head to see who's behind her, and it turned out to be the person who comes to her room every night and sleep in her bed.

“Aren’t you an imperial guard? Why are you here?” she glared.

Xiao Zhi Zhi crossed his arms calmly as he looked at Chu Zhu Yu. After being stared at for some time, she blinked her eyes rapidly and looked away because of guilt.

If they stand here for too long, they will be caught. If that happens, it will be difficult to stay here without getting fired.

Chu Zhu Yu pondered for a while. Finally, she spoke softly, “I'll tell you, but promise that you won’t say this to anyone else.”

“Okay.” He agreed.

Chu Zhu Yu moved closer to Xiao Zhi Zhi until her face was only an inch away from him, she spoke with a very low and soft voice,

“I am planning to go out.”

Because she was so close, her breath fanned his face. Xiao Zhi Zhi felt as if the air near his ear got hot. It’s a strange feeling.

“Where are you going?”

“To the temple.” she spoke softly. She looked at his clueless expression, and she tried to explain,

“Today is the goddess of fertility's birthday, and I… I'm a devotee, so I need to go and pray.”

After she spoke, she grabbed him, “You can’t say this to anyone.” She looked at Xiao Zhi Zhi.

He thought for a moment, and said : “Okay, but…”

“But what?”

“I also want to go.”

...What!?

———

Even after getting out of the residence, Chu Zhu Yu still continued to mumble to herself.

Why is the imperial guard job so idle? Why can he sneak out so easily?

(E/R: Because he's your boss, that's why. 😂)

She thought of all the hardships that she had to endure just so she could escape in the afternoon.

She had to finish all the jobs in the morning and bribe some maids to show how persistent she is in wanting to go out.

When they arrived at the bustling street of Luo Yang, Chu Zhu Yu was relieved. She has been in the general's residence for days.