15 || Troops to Cong Zhou

----------------------------------------
Edited on August 28, 2021.
----------------------------------------

Fifty thousand troops have been appointed to go to Cong Zhou and deal with the bandits.

Everyone thought that the battle between the imperial army and the bandits of Cong Zhou will continue for a long time.

However, as Xiao Zhi Zhi secretly led the three thousand elite troops, he efficiently surrounded the walls of Cong Zhou and cornered the bandits to the hills, wiping them out one by one.

No one knew that Xiao Zhi Zhi would use this kind of strategy to eradicate the bandits. He brought only three thousand soldiers, and took advantage of the situation to kill the bandits in their own hideout.

Originally, the bandits in Cong Zhou was around a hundred thousand. Now, it decreased to around thirty thousand. If he wants to defeat them, it won't take much time now.

———

In a palace situated on the center of Luo Yang City, a man who is holding a suspicious report, fisted his palm.

“Detestable Xiao Zhi Zhi, I didn’t expect him to do that kind of move.”

“Third prince, what should we do now? Will all our efforts for the past several years be destroyed just like this?” his subordinate who stood next to him, carefully asked.

The current Emperor did not want the princes to have their own soldiers, so all of the imperial princes did not have any military authority.

The third prince has spent several years  covertly recruiting soldiers and buying horses in Cong Zhou using a fake bandit identity.

Whenever the palace sent troops to wipe out the bandits in Cong Zhou, the third prince always made sure that the soldiers won’t completely succeed.

To say it simply, the third prince is Cong Zhou's landlord. Cong Zhou is the place where the third prince has decided to retreat to if he loses the competition for the throne. If he truly loses the imperial battle, he can just escape and start building power from Cong Zhou.

“Of course I can’t just let it end like this.” he gritted his teeth. He didn't want to see his efforts be burned to the ground. “But is there even a person who can stop Xiao Zhi Zhi?”

“This lowly one only knows that Xiao Zhi Zhi is an excellent millitary strategist, he is a genius in martial arts, and…”

“I don’t need you to remind me of all that!” the third prince kicked his chest, “What I need to know is a way to protect my base in Cong Zhou!”

The subordinate kneeled in pain on the ground, his face turned pale white. If there really was a way, then they wouldn't have waited just to see their troops be eradicated like that.

“Is there really no way out?”

"..."

The third prince wanted to kick his subordinate again, but before he did, he suddenly heard a woman's laugh.

He looked to the direction of the laugh, and  saw a beautiful woman dressed in a pink palace outfit.

Her belt had gems and precious stones, further shaping her figure. Her brows exuded pride and extravagance. She is none other than the tenth princess, Dai Rui Qian.

“Huang Mei, why did you come here?”

(E/R: Huang Mei = little sister)

Even though this place is inside the palace, it is located in a very secluded area that only a few people know about.