07 || The Seventh Prince Comes

----------------------------------------
Edited on January 7, 2020.
----------------------------------------

Xiao Ren has been working for the general for such a long time, but it still amazes him to see the general in a good mood for three weeks in a row.

(E/R: Xiao Ren - head housekeeper)

These days, the general will go missing at night, but when morning arrives, they will see the general walking out of his own room, so he wasn't as worried now as when the general first disappeared.

Respectfully handing off the invitation card to Xiao Zhi Zhi, Xiao Ren lowered his head. His eyes carefully observing his master's expression.

After seeing Xiao Zhi Zhi read the invitation card, his face didn't show any expression. The person who sent the invitation card was from the Seventh Prince of the imperial court.

Even though the Emperor already chose his crown prince, the crown prince was too "soft".

That's why even if he is capable and wise in the palace court, if he doesn't have anyone to back him up, it's useless.

That's why there are several princes willing to fight to take over the crown prince's position, and this seventh prince is among the princes who has that ambition.

It's a pity that the seventh prince of the imperial court is a friend of Xiao Zhi Zhi.

"Xiao Ren, prepare the carriage." Xiao Zhi Zhi folded the invitation card.

"Yes." Xiao Ren obeyed the order, and quickly went to prepare the carriage.

On the second day, Xiao Zhi Zhi was about to have dinner, but the seventh prince's sudden visit surprised him.

He came to check whether Xiao Zhi Zhi would be active in the fight for the throne or not, since his every action is well-known to the palace court.

Even though they are considered best friends, pulling Xiao Zhi Zhi to his side isn't easy.

"Brother Xiao" the seventh prince greeted.

"Seventh prince." Xiao Zhi Zhi politely replied.

After the seventh prince greeted Xiao Zhi Zhi, he sat down and laughed,

"I heard that recently, Brother Xiao likes to drink tea, so I would like to invite you to a tea house that I know of."

The seventh prince paused as he tried to pique Xiao Zhi Zhi's interest,

"This tea house is one of the well-known tea houses in the center of Luo Yang City, but in my understanding of Brother Xiao, I presume that you have never visited this tea house before."

That two of them had known each other for more than two years, so the seventh prince already knows Xiao Zhi Zhi's temperament.

The tea house was a kind of place where scholars would usually gather, so even though Xiao Zhi Zhi wants to come, he doesn't want to be in a crowd.

"I've never really went there before." Xiao Zhi Zhi replied calmly.

The tea house master brings out the best tea set, and brewed the tea in front of the seventh prince and Xiao Zhi Zhi.