Rain rain go away

Generally, I don't like to be in the kitchen or cook anything, but today I woke up way too early, before my mom. So, I decided to cook breakfast; seemed like it was going to be a big challenge for me.

On the way to the kitchen I sneaked through the door of my parents' room; I saw them lying on the bed peacefully ,sound asleep. I smiled and closed the door.

I entered the kitchen, it felt like as if I was going for a war. I looked around, I saw some utensils on the front shelf, they were of different sizes continuously staring at me as if they were asking me to take them out. I thought for a while what should I cook? Before today, I had just made breakfast once for everyone, that too an year back and it was a devastating experience. I never had to cook as my mom always helped me or I can say though I used to earn but was always dependent on my parents, for certain things in life.

I decided to keep it simple and make bread omelet. I went towards the fridge and opened the door; I saw various containers overlapping each other; I took some eggs out from the egg tray lying on the right side of the door. And found some bread and a packet of butter below that shelf. I took out all the ingredients and went towards the gas stove. I was breaking the eggs in a small container, suddenly I felt someone is in the back.

"What on earth you are doing here Linda?" mom said

"Oh, you just scared me, mom," I said

"You are scaring me by making the whole kitchen a mess" mom said and started cleaning up the things that I made dirty.

"Mom, I was just making some breakfast and was trying to help, you never encourage on anything I do," I said. I was a bit upset as I expected my mom would be happy seeing me cook for her.

"You are not helping me, but you are making my work more difficult, already it has been raining continuously for the last four days and I had to clean the balconies every day," mom said while putting the saucepan into the other stove to prepare some tea.

She was right, it was still raining continuously, meanwhile, Dad entered the dining space and said: "What am I seeing!! You are preparing food? It's a pleasure to my eyes"

"Stop being sarcastic dad, you would love the food, I bet," I said.
Dad laughed and said: "I love my daughter"

After half an hour of continuous effort and hard work, I finally came up with some loaves of bread folded both sides by a layer of the egg mixture. It was amateur, but for me it was perfect. I served them to my parents delightfully and they were so happy and for me, the smile on their faces was everything that I wanted in life.

"What are you thinking? Come and eat with us, it's good indeed."
I sat there on a chair next to my dad and we three enjoyed the course of meal delightfully.

"Are you not going to work today?" Dad asked

"I have an evening shift today dad, although I had classes, but it was canceled again due to this bad weather," I said in a sad tone.

For the last four days, there was a heavy downpour with heavier bursts of rain leading to faster run-offs, and an severe flooding. The whole city was sinking. The sky grew painfully dark with storm clouds, as dark as the moonless night; even at 11 o'clock morning.

It was 4.45 P.M evening, I had 15 minutes on my hands, to reach the complex. I was already late as after a heavy sumptuous lunch I fell asleep in the afternoon. It usually takes 15 minutes to reach there once I get into the auto and if there would have no traffic jams on the way, but today there was not even a slim chance of getting me there by 5 P.M.

After a lots of struggle in finding an auto in this weather to overcome a massive traffic jam on the way, I finally reached the complex by 5.35 pm.

"You are again late Linda, what's wrong with you, I can't do this anymore, I have to lounge a complaint against you now," Maryam said furiously

"Oh Maryam, you will regret if I lose my job, you will miss me, dear," I said that while trying to make the situation casual.

"You, naughty girl, always get me by your words, now go and get to your work," Maryam said. I smiled and went to do my regular work.

It was almost 10.45 P.M, I was waiting near the front door for the last 45 minutes with the wishing to get an auto soon. My shift already got over by 10 P.M, Maryam already left the store, although she insisted to wait , but I asked her to leave. I had very less charge on my phone and my mom called me almost 10-15 times, leading my phone to go dead.

I encouraged myself to get out of the store irrespective of the heavy rains, as it was clear that the rain won't stop soon. I opened my yellow umbrella and started walking; I crossed the first lane and past the big bazar. I looked onto the tower clock which was hanging on the town's biggest tower; it is perceptible from a distance. Usually, I follow the clock before entering the store and after leaving the store every day. Since childhood, I have never seen this clock not working. I saw it was almost 10.55 P.M, I sighed a deep breath and started walking along the path towards the home. I was anxious as well as petrified as the storm was getting ferocious every minute; I was in a perilous state. I tried to repose myself.

I kept on walking, I didn't find any auto, not even a private taxi; I saw the trees were dancing crazily due to the flow of wind. Suddenly I felt something is sparkling; it was a flash due to the thunderstroke, I stood for a while, I heard a tremendously boisterous voice and a sharp dazzling light to my eyes; my body started feeling something scorching and sharp, I couldn't see anything. The next moment there was blackout.