Chapter 6: The Boys Decide to Snoop

Allie's POV:

So me getting my spot back didn't go as planned. Ok, it failed. "Believe me Allie, I think it's wonderful that you sang again. I prayed for this moment for almost a year. But it's too late." Mrs. Harrison says. "What if you just hear her play? You know she's amazing." Flynn says.

"It wouldn't matter, a new student starts tomorrow. There's only-" "So many spots, and if I don't participate, I'm out. I know." I mutter, looking down at the ground. I missed my chance. I can't believe I missed my chance.

"I did everything I could to keep you here this year, but Principal Lessa was very clear that yesterday was your last chance. You'll have to reapply next semester." She says. I nod as the bell rings. I turn to Flynn and Julie. I smile sadly. "I'll see you guys later."

With that I walk out of the room. The day goes by quickly and soon I'm home. I decide to grab my guitar from the garage and play in my room where the boys can't hear me. When I get there they aren't inside so I quickly grab the instrument and head inside to my room.

When I get in there however, the boys are all over it. My grip tightens on my guitar case handle. Luke is looking at my songbook chest, Reggie is on my bed, and Alex is trying to pick up a picture of my mom. "What are you guys doing in here?" I ask, scaring them for once.

"We were looking for the kitchen?" Luke tries. I narrow my eyes. "My issue is that you came in here with I wasn't in here, so there was no reason for it. Reggie, get off my bed please." I say. He quickly hops off. "Hey Allie, what's in this chest?" Luke asks.

"Nothing. Don't worry about it." I say. "Oh, ok, girl stuff." He says, making his voice sing-song at the end. "Oh, like butterflies and glitter?" Reggie asks. I set my guitar case down as well as my backpack and cross my arms. "Oh, come on. I'm sorry about them." Alex apologizes.

I nod my acceptance, giving a small smile. "Yes Reggie, there may be some glitter." I tell him. He just smiles and nods. Alex turns back the frame and picks it up off the dresser. "Hey! I picked something up." He says, walking over to us, only to drop it on my bed. "I dropped it."

"Is this your mom?" Luke asks. I nod and grab the frame. "It's my favorite picture of us and I would really appreciate it if you didn't break it." I say, placing it on my nightstand. I smile at it before turning back to the boys.

"I have one question for you guys, you guys can mess up my bed, pick up your instruments, but not other stuff?" I ask. "I know right, it's hard, but for some reason, our instruments. Easy." Luke confirms. "Yeah, like super easy. Oh, look what I learned today." Reggie say.

He summons his bass which knocks him over. I grin. "Yeah, that looked super easy." I tease. "It's like I always thought. Our instruments are attached to our souls." Luke says, grinning. "Hey." I jump as my dad enters the room. The boys panic before realizing that he can't see them.

I turn to him. "Everything ok?" He asks. "Yeah, fine. Why?" I ask. "Oh nothing. I just thought I heard you talking to someone." He says. I shake my head. "No, I was on my laptop a second ago, maybe it was that." I lie smoothly. "Ok. If you need anything...door?" He asks. "Yeah, thanks."

When he leaves the door shuts. I turn back to the boys. "Your dad seems like the kind of guy who likes to barbecue. I bet he has a great ribs recipe." Reggie says. "Nope, he can't cook. If anyone cooks in this house, I do." I say. "Do you have a good ribs recipe?" He asks. I just roll my eyes.

"This has been fun and all, but I think if you guys want to talk to me, it has to be in the garage. He's worried about me enough as it is." I say. "He seems chill. You should just tell him about us." Luke suggests. I shake my head.

"You don't get it. For a year everyone has been watching me and watching how they are around me, wondering when I'll snap. If I tell him I met a ghost band I'm back to seeing Dr. Turner three times a week." I explain. "Yeah, you probably shouldn't tell him." Luke says.

He then walks back over to the chest. "Hey Allie." I roll my eyes. "I said don't worry about it." I say. "I know, you should have just said nothing because now I can't stop thinking about it. So what's in the chest Allie?" He asks. I sigh and go over to my nightstand next to my bed.

I open the top drawer and grab my key to unlock the chest. When I open it the boys peer over my shoulder. "A bunch of journals?" Reggie asks. I shake my head and grab the one on top, my current one. "Wait are those song journals?" Luke asks me. I look at him shocked.

"I told you I don't play-" "We heard you this morning and you walked in with a guitar case." Reggie says. "You were there this morning?" I ask. They all nod, but not until after Luke smacks Reggie's shoulder. I sigh and open the journal in my hands.

"I used to write songs with my mom all the time." I say. Luke's eyes widen. "There are so many." He mutters. "I let everything inspire me." I say. "Wow. Can I read through them?" Luke asks. "No, they're not that good. Now out." I say. They don't budge. "Please?" Luke asks.

"No, now you three out, now. I have to study. Stay out of them, and please stay out of my things, including the journals Luke." I say. Luke pouts, but then nods and exits with the other guys. I got to grab my backpack when Alex comes back in.

"Sorry to bother you, but, did you get back into your music program?" He asks. I shake my head. "No, I didn't." "I'm sorry." I nod and he's gone. I sigh and turn to my guitar case. Time to get back to work.