Chapter 23: Edge of Great

Allie's POV:

I head to the music room and go straight to the piano. I start playing the notes for the song in my head. Then Julie and Flynn are walking into the room. "There you are. We've been looking all over for you." Flynn says as they walk over to me.

"Why'd you run out of dance class so fast?" Julie asks. "I'm sorry. I just needed some air. It was a little intense in there." I tell them. They grin at each other. "Oh, we noticed. Dancing with a guy you've had a crush on for forever will do that to a girl." Flynn explains.

"But that's the problem. The entire time I was dancing with Nick, I couldn't stop thinking about Luke." I say. "Seriously?" Julie asks, grinning. "First off, called it. Second, I know you always want what you can't have, but Luke is next level." Flynn says.

"I know. And now I think Nick likes me. Nick!" I say. "Oh he totally does." Julie grins. "But me and Luke just clicked, and he's just so-" But Flynn cuts me off, cutting the image of Luke that I was starting to form out of my mind.

"Not real. You can make all the music you want with Luke, but he'll always be a phantom. So...here's what we're gonna do. Send Nick a nice little friendly text, asking him to come to your party tonight." She says, grabbing my phone. She types and the shows me.

"Uh-" "It'll be fine.  We're not gonna let you get your heart broken, and trust me. Tonight, you're performing with Luke, so the key is avoiding those big, beautiful, dead eyes." Julie tells me. "You two are very pushy today." I grumble. "You're welcome." Flynn smiles. I just laugh.

"Come on, we have to change and then go to next period." Julie says. Flynn and I nod and the three of us head out of the music room. Hours later, after school, I'm in my room getting ready for the performance and I have no clue what to wear.

"You know, you don't have to go extravagant for a garage party. Just wear this and then your own clothes." Julie says, holding up mom's favorite leather jacket with roses on the back. I grin. "Thanks Jules. I'll see you down there in a second." I tell her.

She nods and leaves, shutting the door behind her. Smiling I clutch the jacket to my chest as I walk over to my closet. I pick out a black crop top and black shorts. I slip them and a pain of heels on before sliding the jacket onto my shoulders. I look good.

I curl my hair and part it all the way to the right and do tight braids down my left side

I curl my hair and part it all the way to the right and do tight braids down my left side. I do my makeup and then I'm ready to go. I leave my room and go down to the garage where the boys are waiting. "Hey Allie!" Reggie says when I walk up to them. "Hey guys, ready?" I ask.

They all turn to me and nod. "You look great. I'm pretty sure Flynn is about to announce us." Luke says, grinning at me. I look away, towards Alex and Reggie. "Let's do this." I grin. They nod happily. That's when I hear Flynn announce us.

"What's up everybody! Time to put your hands up, do a little dance, yup. Here's the new anthem form Allie and the Phantoms." She says. The garage door opens and I nervously walk to the piano and sit down. "Thanks for coming everyone." I greet. After that I quickly start to play.