Chapter 12: Enchanted

Allie's POV:

Life has been so good since I told Julie and Flynn about the guys and joined the band. Julie and I have been playing together when I'm not writing songs with Luke. Speaking of writing songs with Luke, it's been amazing! We're coming up with so many new ideas it's insane.

I've been spending most nights brainstorming ides, but last night I had a idea. A song I would write purely so I can get my ideas out, but not for anyone to hear. It's about Luke. We've gotten closer these last few days, and I may or may not have developed a slight crush on him.

Nothing too big, but big enough to where I want to write down how I feel. Right now, that's what I'm working on when Luke suddenly poofs into my room. "Ah! You've got to stop doing that." I say grumble, quickly shutting my journal and placing it beside me the piano bench.

I've been working in the studio when the guys are out at night and I've found myself playing both my guitar and the piano more. I love how much more connected I feel to mom now that I have music back in my life. "What was that?" He asks. "What was what?"

"You were working on a song." I blush. "It's nothing, just something I needed to get off my chest." I tell him. "Can I hear it?." He says. My eyes widen. "Uh, no, no it's personal." I say. "Oh come on, please." I shake my head.

He then snatches my journal from beside me and opens it the page I'm writing on. "Hey!" He just ignores me and reads through the lyrics. "Wow, this is really good." He says. I snatch the journal back. "Thanks, but I told you not to go through my journals." I say.

"Well, will you play it for me now?" I roll my eyes. "Fine, if it'll make you leave me alone." I tell him. He grins and sits next to me on my bed. Sighing I pick up my guitar again and open the book. With a deep breath I begin to play.

Allie

There I was again tonight
Forcing laughter, faking smiles
Same old tired, lonely place

Walls of insincerity
Shifting eyes and vacancy
Vanished when I saw your face

All I can say is it was enchanting to meet you

Your eyes whispered 'have we met?'
Across the room, your silhouette
Starts to make its way to me

The playful conversation starts
Counter all your quick remarks
Like passing notes in secrecy

And it was enchanting to meet you

All I can say is I was enchanted to meet you

This night is sparking
Don't you let it go

I'm wonderstruck
Blushing all the way home

I'll spend forever,
Wondering if you know

I was enchanted to meet you

The lingering question kept me up
2 am, who do you love
I wonder til I'm wide awake

And now I'm pacing back and forth
Wishing you were at my door
I'd open up and you would say

Hey

It was enchanting to meet you

All I know is I was enchanted to meet you

This night is sparkling
Don't you let it go

I'm wonderstruck
Blushing all the way home

I'll spend forever
Wondering if you knew

This night is flawless
Don't you let it go

I'm wonderstruck
Dancing around all alone

I'll spender forever
Wondering if you knew

I was enchanted to meet you

This is me praying that

This was the very first page
Not where the story line ends

My thoughts will echo your name
Until I see you again

These are the words I held back
As I was leaving too soon

I was enchanted to meet you

Please don't be in love with someone else
Please don't have somebody waiting on you

Please don't be in love with someone else
Please don't have somebody waiting on you

This night is sparkling
Don't you let it go

I'm wonderstruck
Blushing all the way home

I'll spend forever
Wondering if you knew

This night is flawless
Don't  you let it go

I'm wonderstruck
Dancing around all alone

I'll spend forever
Wondering if you knew

I was enchanted to meet you

Please don't be in love with someone else
Please don't have somebody waiting on you

When I finish playing I drop my hands to my lap and look at him, no doubt that my face is red as a tomato. "That was..." He trails off. "I know, there are still a few kinks I have to work out, but-" "No, Allie, it was perfect. Who is he?" He asks. If possible my face gets even more red.

"There is no he." His smile returns. "Ok come on, it has to be about someone. You don't just write a song like that for yourself." He says. "Well it is about someone, but it was written purely for me." "Why? Don't you want them to hear it?"

"No, of course not. He's really good friend, and I don't want to ruin that." A look of disbelief crosses his face. "Allie, that song is amazing, and whoever it's about is a lucky guy, not just because of the song. You're an amazing girl Allie." He says.

His face is filled with sincerity and a twinge of what I'm thinking is sadness. Why is he sad? "Yeah well, I'm glad you think so, but I'm still not gonna tell you who it's about or tell him that it's about him." I say. He gives me a small smile.

"Just think about it. You may not see the benefit now, but I know if that song was for me...I'd love it." He says, whispering the last part. "Thanks. I'll think about it. So, what did you want. You came in here for something." I say, closing my journal.

"Right, well I was thinking about this one song I found of yours, it was unfinished. I was called Stand Tall." He says. I look down at my hands. "Yeah, I know it. It was the last song my mom and I worked on together. We never did finish it. Didn't have time." I say.

A guilty look crosses his face. "I am so sorry for bringing it up Allie, really." "I know, and it's fine." I look up to meet his eyes. "I actually kinda want to finish it. I think that would have made my mom happy." I say. A smile appears on his face. "Really?" I nod.

"Great! We can work on it tomorrow. Goodnight Allie." "Goodnight." With that he poofs out of the room. Smiling I pick up my journal and run a hand over the cover. A sad smile places itself on my face. "I miss you mom." With that I hug the journal to my chest.

I know she'd be proud of me, and that's all I can ask for.