Chapter 14: Revelations

Allie's POV:

We're practicing a few notes when Alex finally poofs in. "Oh, hey Alex." Reggie greets. "Hey, where have you been man? We have to start rehearsing." Luke tells him. "For what?" He asks. That's when Flynn and Julie enter. "Dance news!" Flynn says. "I got a date!" Julie says happily.

"And I didn't, but I don't care because I'm so excited to hear your guys play again." Flynn explains. "Oh man, we're playing a dance?" Alex asks, not looking too happy. "Of course bro, that's how we get a following now a days." Luke tells him. I laugh.

"Yeah, get with the program Alex." I say. "Oh man, the boys are here? Hi boys." Flynn says as her and Julie wave in the opposite direction of them. "Other way." They turn, continuing to wave. Reggie waves back.

"Ok, well, now that Alex has graced us with his presence, can we start working?" Luke asks. "Yes!" I turn to Julie and Flynn. "We're gonna practice, wanna watch?" I ask them. "Well we have to blow us five hundred balloons for the dance, but this sounds way better." Flynn says.

Julie nods in agreement. That's when Carlos walks in. "Hey Julie, Allie, remember those orbs in dad's pictures? I-I think they're ghosts." He says, coming around to stand in front of me. In the process of doing so he walks straight through Alex. He places the pictures on my piano.

"But don't worry, because this room is...this room is clean. I'm not getting the ghost tinglies." He says. "Wrong again little dude." Reggie jokes. I hold in my laughter. "If they come back, have no fear because I will protect you because I am the man of the house." He says.

"Isn't dad supposed to be the man of the house?" Julie asks. "There can be two. Besides, dad needs all the help he can get." I just smile and shake my head. He then takes out a think of salt. "According to the internet, salt burns their souls out." He says.

My eyes widen and all the guy's faces go to one of fear. That's when Carlos opens the salt and begins throwing it all over the studio. He misses both Reggie and Luke who dodge it, but he nails Alex right in the stomach. He cries out and doubles over.

My heart stops for a second before he straightens back up. "I'm fine. I'm fine, I'm totally fine." He says. I look at Flynn and Julie, clearing my throat and nodding towards the door. "Oh, Carlos, you know who's hungry? Me! Salt me and Julie a path to the kitchen." She says.

With that he takes his picture and the three of them leave. "Shall we try this again?" I ask. "Yes please. But remind us later. I have a few Sunset Curve songs I want you to hear." Luke says. "Ooh, show me now." I insist. He grins. "Alright." He goes over to his guitar case and grabs his journal. 

There's a paper sticking out of the top. "Home is Where My Horse Is? Reggie, stop putting your songs in my journal." Luke tells him, throwing it to the bottom of his case. "That was a gift." "Thank you buddy." 

"You might want to circle back around to that one." Reggie suggests, but Luke ignores him, walking towards me with his journal. He hands it to me. "I dog eared the ones I think you would slay." He tells me. I nod and open it, flipping through the songs. 

I stop on one that isn't dog eared, but interests me. "Who's Emily?" I ask, looking up at him. His eyes widen. He goes to reach for it, but I pull it back. If he goes to snoop in my journal then I get to snoop in his. "That one's not dog eared." He argues. I look down at the lyrics. 

"If you could only know that I'd never let you go. Wow Luke, I didn't know that you were such a romantic." I say with a grin on my face, but on the inside I'm wondering who this girl is and who she was to Luke. "He's not, that one's actually about-" 

"No one. That's just something that I tried, and, um, if you turn to the next dog eared page I gotta tune that's...it's got a killer beat." He says, turning the conversation away from Emily. He goes over to his guitar and starts playing very familiar tune. 

"So you wanna sample?" I ask, placing Luke's journal down on my piano and sitting. "What do you mean 'sample'?" He asks me. "Sample someone else's music. My Julie, my mom, and I used to scream that song at the top of our lungs in the car. It's a classic Trevor Wilson song." I say.

Luke grabs his journal. "No, it's a classic our song." He says. "Pure Sunset Curve. Never even heard of Trevor Wilson." Reggie explains. "Yeah, you know, maybe you're mixing it up with another song." Alex suggests. I shake my head. 

"I don't mix up songs. I used to be best friends with his daughter and I used to hang out at their house all the time. I know that song." I insist. "Ok." Alex says, exchanging an unbelieving look with the other boys. I roll my eyes. 

"Here, I'll prove it." I say, reaching behind me and grabbing my laptop. I quickly look up Trevor Wilson before turning the computer for the boys to see. "His first album had a bunch of hits, but none of his latest stuff is as good." I explain. The boy's eyes widen. "That's Bobby." Luke says.

"What? His name is Trevor." I say. "Ok, great he changed it then. That's definitely Bobby. He was our rhythm guitarist." Alex explains. "Trevor Wilson was in your band?" I ask, utterly confused. "I can't get over how old he looks." Reggie says. 

"Oh, he looks like a substitute teacher." Alex adds, shaking his head with disdain. "Allie, what were his other hits?" Luke asks me. I think for a second. "Get Lost." "Yeah, I wrote that." My brow furrows in confusion. "Long Weekend?" "Yeah, Luke wrote that one too." Reggie says. 

"Crooked Teeth?" "And that. It was about Reggie." Alex explains. "I thought it was about you? I don't like that song anymore." Reggie grumbles. Luke is now angrily throwing darts at the dart board. I shake my head. 

"This is freaking me out. Trevors songs are kinda big to me. He's the one who introduced me to rock." I explain. "Yeah, Luke introduced you to rock." Alex says. So many thoughts are going through my head. 

"So this whole time I thought you were connected too my mom, but instead you're connected to Carrie's dad? Out of everyone, it had to be the one girl who has it out for me." I grumble. "Yeah, well we'll add it to our list of questions." Alex says. 

"Back when Julie and I were friends with Carrie the four of us used to talk about music all the time. He never even mentioned you guys." I say. "And that's unbelievable! He can take all the credit and he doesn't even mention us?" Luke asks angrily. 

"And he's rich. He has his own helicopter." I add under my breath. "He has...he has a....a helicopter?" Alex asks. "With his face on it." I say, pulling up a picture of his helicopter in front of his mansion. "And he gets to park it in front of that hotel?" Reggie asks. 

"Nope, that's his mansion." I say. "Dude, we live in a garage." Alex tell Luke. "It's not about the money, it's about the music!" Luke exclaims. He looks absolutely furious right now. I mean, I would be too if someone stole all of my music. 

"It's a little about the money. He could have shared it with our families, maybe then my parents wouldn't have had their house turned into a bike shack." Reggie says and Alex nods in agreement. "What he did was steal out legacy." He tells the boys. 

That's when he turns to me. All I can see it the anger in his eyes. "Where does he live?" I hesitate for a second. "Above the beach in Malibu." I relent. Luke grabs his jacket. "Let's go teach him a lesson." Reggie says. "Wait what? Guys! Hold on a second!" I yell, but they just poof out. 

"Alright boys! Break times over! Get to playing. Momma needs her eye candy." Flynn says as her and Julie walk back into he garage. "They aren't here. I think I just unleashed three angry ghosts on the world, but I know where they went. Come on." I tell them. 

The three of us run out of the garage. Please don't do anything stupid.