Chapter 20: Finally Free

Allie's POV:

When I get to the venue I realize what the boys meant. This place is filled. I spot Flynn and walk up to her. Julie agreed to stall for me at home. "Am I too late?" I ask, worried. "Too early. Look." She says, pointing to the stage.

When I look up there I see Carrie and her group walking into the stage. "Dirty Candy? Seriously? How did she get on the list?" I ask. "Her daddy probably made a few calls." She sneers. With that they start their song. You know, I was never a fan of their songs. This is no exception.

Suddenly Alex poof on stage. I look behind me to see Reggie and Luke grinning. I turn back to the stage to watch. Luke leans in next to my ear. "He does this sometimes." He whispers. I blush at how close he is. When I focus on the stage Alex is gone and I turn to see him back beside us.

"You having fun out there?" I ask, grinning. "Sorry, it's just, it's my feet." "Uh-huh. Sure." I say. "Put me back in coach." With that he poofs back on stage and the other two and I just laugh. Finally the song ends. "You know, that wasn't horrible. I forget why we don't like her." Flynn says.

That's when Carrie and her group walk up to us. "Hey girls. Isn't it past your bedtime?" She asks us. "Now I remember." Flynn whispers to me. Carrie then turns to me. "If you're looking for Nick, he didn't come." She says. I step close to her. "That's not why we're here." I say.

"Ok, it looks like we're closing tonight out with one more group. Allie and the Fat Ones." He reads. I resist the urge to glare at Luke, knowing he's the one who wrote out name down. "Really?" Alex asks. "Yeah man, my hand writing sucks." Luke admits.

Carrie and her group just laugh. I shove past them to get to the stage. When I get to the piano I place my mic in the holder and sit down. "Actually we're Allie and the Phantoms." No one seems to care. "Ok." Is all I say.

With that I look to Flynn who gives me thumbs up when she flicks on the projector. I take a deep breath and then I start to play.

Allie

Hearts on fire
We're no liars

Cause we say what we wanna say

I'm awakened
No more fakin'

So we push all our fears away

Don't know if I'll make it
Cause I'm falling under

Close my eyes and feel my chest
Beating like thunder

I wanna fly
Come alive
Watch me shine!

The boys appear and I stop playing, grabbing my mic and making my way to the stand at center stage.

Allie and Luke

I gotta spark in me
Hands up if you can see

And you're apart of me
Hands up if you're with me

Now till eternity
Hands up if you believe

Been so long and now I'm finally free!

I grab the tambourine on the side of the stand.

Allie

We're all bright now
What a sight now

Coming out like we're fireworks

Marching on proud
Turn it up loud

Cause now we know what we're worth

Allie and Luke

We know we can make it
We're not falling down under

Close my eyes and feel my chest
Beating like thunder