Chapter 9: Back In and Falling Out

Allie's POV:

The stage manger runs out onto the stage. "Where did the rest of the bend go?" He asks."Were those holograms?" One of Carrie's minions asks. I inwardly thank her profusely and let out a breath of relief.

"Yes, they were. Holograms. I plugged it into the ceiling projector before the show. I'd explain it, but it's complicated." I say. That's when everyone starts cheering again. I let out the breath I was holding and bow again. That's when Principal Lessa walks forward.

"Ok people, show's over. Let's get back to class please." She says, ushering them off. I go tot he front of the stage and sit as Mrs. Harrison approaches me. "Mrs. Harrison, I am so sorry for not asking for permission. I just wanted to show you I belong here." I say. She just smiles sadly at me.

"As amazing as that was, your spot's already been filled by another student." She says, gesturing to the little boy hauling a big case roughly down the stage. "That thing is way too big for him." I say. "He'll grow into it. I wish that I could help you, but my hands are tied." She says.

My heart drops. "Mine aren't," Principal Lessa says, walking up to me. "and as much as I didn't approve of this little stunt that you pulled, I will not go down in history as the principal who kicked Allie Molina out of the music program." I smile widely. "Thank you!" I exclaim.

"But...when you win your first Grammy, I want to be thanked." My smile widens. "Of course." "Thank you." Mrs. Harrison tells the principal as she walks off. She then turns to me. "Congratulations! Welcome back." With that she follows after Principal Lessa.

I look in front of me to see Flynn and Julie standing there. Grinning, I hop down from the stage. "Wow. You did it." Flynn says. "Thanks to the both of you." I tell them. They both have sad looks on their faces. "Hey, you two ok?" I ask.

"Uh...we're great. When did you start playing with the hologram band?" Julie asks, pointing to the now empty stage. "Oh, it was just one song, we're not a band. They're a band, a hologram band. Definitely holograms." I say with a hopefully convincing smile.

"Yeah, we saw. Why have you been keeping those cute boys a secret?" Flynn asks. "There's a reason for that. It's just...really crazy." I say. "Oh, you know we're all about crazy. Let's hear it." She says. "Ok, um, so they're...from Sweden! Yeah, Sweden." I say.

"Are you lying to us Al?" Flynn asks. I sigh and look down. "Yeah, yeah I'm lying." I say. "Seriously Allie? I'm your sister, Flynn's our best friend, and you're lying to us?" Julie asks. "Jules, Flynn...I'm sorry." "I'm sorry? Seriously? That's all you have to say?" Flynn asks.

That's when Julie grabs her hand and the two of the run out of the gym. "Guys come on!" I yell, running after them. I try to push through the crowd in the hallways to get to them, but it's too thick and people keep trying to talk to me.

"That was awesome Allie! It was like Coachella, but without the desert or the sweat." One guy says. "Thanks." I say. Finally they move and I go to continue my chase, but then Nick is there. "It's true. That was incredible." I blush and smile at him.

"It was way better than when you cried and ran out." Carrie says, coming to stand beside Nick. My smile drops and I look at the ground. "Hey, um...we should get to science." Nick says, knowing that I'm uncomfortable.

I bite back a retort as I shove past them and continue down the hallways. Flynn and Julie both are gone by now. I turn down a hallway and jump when I see the guys. "ALLIE!" They yell. "Ah! Seriously? Stop doing that." I say.

"Whoa, whoa, this one's on you, we were already here. Well, we were over there and then we came over here." Raggie says. "Are we not gonna talk about what just happened?" Luke asks. "Yeah, the whole school saw. I'm kinda freaking out right now." I say, letting out a breathy laugh.

"Ok, good, cause it's kinda freaking me out too. You know, you can see us, and then people can see us whenever we play music. And my clothes are made of air, but for some reason I still have a wedgie." Alex rants. I give him a confused look for that last one.

"The important thing is that we rocked that place. They were loving you!" Luke says. I blush. "Us, they were loving us. That song was amazing, Luke. Thank you." I say. He grins at me and nods. I blush again.

"And did you guys see the cheerleaders looking at me? They were looking at me right? Tell me they were looking at me." Reggie says. "Bro, they were looking at you." Luke confirms. "Oh I knew it!" Reggie exclaims, excited.

"I'm so...confused. You know? The afterlife should come with instructions or a quick start guide or something." Alex says, looking stressed. "Well, the good thing is that everyone thought you guys were holograms, and I got back into he program." I say.

I shove my hands into my back pockets and looking down at the ground, remembering how Flynn and Julie are mad at me for lying. "Why do you look so bummed?" Reggie asks, a little more quiet than normal.

"Yeah, dude, you're making this face." Luke says, and then the three of them make the stereotypical sad face. I roll my eyes. "First off, that's not my face, and things just got weird between Flynn, Julie, and me. They asked about you guys, and I couldn't say." I say.

"Sweet, girls are already talking about us." Reggie whispers to Luke who smirks back and low fives him. I give him a 'really' look. "Guys, I'm being serious here. I can't tell them about you guys for the same reason I can't tell my dad. They'll think I've gone off the deep end." I explain.

"Well, that guy thinks you have gone off the deep end." Reggie explains as the janitor walks between him and Luke. My eyes widen and I give him a nervous smile. He looks disturbed. I shake my head. "I gotta get back to class." I say, walking past them.

"Later Allie. Oh, tell those cheerleaders that I'm single." Reggie calls. "Oh, and that he's dead." Alex adds. WIth the they're out of ear shot.