Chapter 30: New friends for 7th year

As the train pulled way from the station Estella sighed and looked back longingly at the dot that was the platform.She was alone in Slytherin this year with Narcissa and Jack gone and -

"Hey Estella"was the voice that snapped her away from her thoughts,Estella looked up to see Adelaide Nott standing at the door to her compartment.
"Adelaide?"Estella said looking at the girl with a confused expression on her face,the Nott sister didn't usually talk to her in this sort of setting.
The girl smiled at her meekly
"Apparently I'm a disgrace to wizard of kind allowing my brother to continue his relationship with Black filth according to Maureen"

Estella laughed and pulled Adelaide in for a hug.
"Maureen's the wizard filth Adelaide,don't take it personally"

"I won't"the witch nodded smiling meekly
"Can I sit?"
"Of course"Estella nodded

The two girls chatted and laughed the whole way to Hogwarts.They then boarded the carriages to the castle together with Caroline and Charlotte Fawley who seemed to have also fallen out with Maureen.

"I can't believe she said that"Adelaide giggled when Caroline told them about Maureen's outburst at Charlotte and her.
"I'm so sorry she said that to you"Estella sighed
"It's not your fault"Charlotte smiled reaching across and patting Estella's leg reassuringly.
Estella smiled at the three girls before looping her arms through Adelaide and Caroline's allowing Adelaide to loop hers through Charlottes and for the first time in a very long time Estella felt like she had public friends.

Friends she could be with whenever she wanted without anyone judging her and it was the best feeling ever.