Chapter 37: Trains

Today was September 1st and a pale,shaking Estella Nott was now trying to make her way across Platform 9 and3/4 without leaning on her husband who looked very concerned for her.
"Ell"he began cautiously incase the girl would bite his head off,she hadn't been feeling well lately and had been snapping quite frequently.
"Jack,I'm fine"she snapped "will you stop worrying and let me get on the train"

"Whatever you say"Jack mumbled as he gently let go of her,Estella almost immediately shook and lost her balance,falling back on Jack,but regained it and acted as if nothing happened as she took shaky steps towards the train.

"Are you alright Est?"Adelaide asked when she saw Jack and the pale Estella.
"I'm quite fine Adelaide"Estella nodded as Jack shared a look with his sister mind her he mouthed and Adelaide nodded as she looked her arm through Estella's in the hope to steady the girl.

"Have you seen Charlotte and Caroline?"Estella asked Adelaide as they continued walking,Jack falling closely behind carrying Estella's trunk.
"No,not yet"Adelaide bemused,looking at Estella's shaky walking worriedly.

Estella turned slowly to Jack preparing to say goodbye when Caroline Fawley came running up tears streaming down her face.Adelaide immediately hugged her but Estella knew full well that if she tried to she'd topple over in the middle of the station.
"What's wrong?"she asked the girl lovingly
"It's char"the younger twin cried "she's been disowned,she was seeing a muggle girl in the village"
"Oh my Merlin"Adelaide said sadly wishing their friend had told them about the girl.
"I'm so sorry Carrie"Estella managed as she took Jack's shoulder for support.
"Is she still coming to Hogwarts?"Adelaide asked hopefully
"I don't know"Caroline cried,she finally looked up at the three people standing over her.
"Esti...are you okay?"

"I'm fine"Estella snapped as Jack and Adelaide both shot Caroline a look and shook their heads harshly.
"Are we ready to go?"Estella asked after a moment of silence,the two girls nodded and Jack went to hand her the trunk but thought better of it.
"I'll load this for you"he smiled,Estella nodded and her eyes followed him as he loaded it on to the train after Adelaide and Caroline as she lent shakily against the train,after a few seconds Jack reappeared.

"All done"he smiled at her "have a good year"he kissed her cheek tenderly "I'll be at the first quidditch match!"

"Jack"Estella croaked before she collapsed into his arms.