Chapter 1

Yamaguchi walked along quietly beside his friend. It was an uncomfortable silence that accompanied them for most of the walk.

Tsukishima didn't find it uncomfortable, he had his headphones on but for Yamaguchi it was absolute hell. He hated any kind of silence because it left him alone with his thoughts. The same thoughts that constantly refused to shut up about his blond friend. His mind was always on the blond male and he couldn't get that to change. He's tried and failed many times.

He's had a crush on his best friend for years and still refuses to tell him for fear of ruining their current relationship.

Tsukishima wouldn't like him back, he knew that. He was an anxious wreck with horrid freckles littering his body. He hated his freckles with a passion — even if his friends said they were fine, hell even if Tsukishima said they were fine.

His eyes were such a dark chocolate brown, you could easily mistake them for being black.

He just wanted to look better, at the very least, then maybe he'd have a chance with someone even if it wasn't Tsukishima.

He could stare into Tsukishima's golden-brown eyes for hours, admiring how beautiful they were compared to his own. The only reason he didn't was that he hated making eye contact with the blond. His heartbeat sped up every time, forcing him to look away again.

He saw Tsukishima's house coming up in the distance and a small smile spread across his face. At least he got to sleep over tonight, even if his feelings would screw him over. They always slept in the same bed and it never affected the other male but bugged him. They were so close together in that bed, he could always feel Tsukishima's body heat without touching him.

He was snapped out of his thoughts by someone tapping his shoulder. His head snapped up to look at his friend.

They made eye contact.

'Fuck.'

He'd never averted his gaze faster in his life. Mentally taking note that they'd arrived, he began following his friend.

They entered and both took off their shoes at the entrance. Akiteru appeared around the corner soon after hearing the door.

"Hey! How was practice?" Unsurprisingly, Tsukishima ignored his brother completely. Yamaguchi watched the blond retreat upstairs without uttering a word.

"U-um Tsukki! Oh- It was fun. H-hey, wait!" He made some effort to respond to Akiteru as he scrambled to keep up with his friend. He heard Tsukishima's brother laugh downstairs at his efforts but it was more of a sympathetic laugh than an amused one.

Tsukishima opened the door to his room and walked in, holding it open lazily until Yamaguchi got inside before he closed it. Yamaguchi dropped his bag near the door and flopped onto the bed.

It smelled like Tsukishima.

'No shit Sherlock, it's his bed.'

He would've laughed at his thought but it would be weird to just laugh out of nowhere. Of course, he could explain himself but how the hell do you explain that you were thinking his bloody bed smells like him.

The level of 'what the fuck?' energy he'd receive from Tsukishima would be rather extreme.

"What should we do?" He turned around to sit up and look at Tsukishima.
"Well, first of all, change out of our uniform." He deadpanned as he looked in his cupboard.

"R-right.." Yamaguchi got up and walked over, bending down into a crouching position to look for clothes to wear. He'd been to this house so many times that he kept spare clothes here. It was always at bottom of the cupboard but he didn't mind. It would certainly be bothersome if it were at the very top, where only Tsukishima could reach.