Chapter 4

Warnings :
Semi-Violent [ Someone got slapped ]

Tsukishima sighed heavily as they went along and he found the stall he needed to go to. He bought a book.

"A dinosaur book?" Yamaguchi looked at the cover. Not seeming too surprised.

"Can I read it?" He asked as they walked away from the stall to a different one.

"No." Tsukishima deadpanned as he shoved it in a plastic bag.

"Sorry, Tsukki."

'Why is he apologizing?'

Yamaguchi was always apologizing. It wasn't always a bad thing but if he apologized to the wrong person it could end badly. In more ways than one.

"For what exactly?" He asked as they walked up to a stall. Yamaguchi looked like he zoned out immediately after he asked.

"Hiii~ How can I help you?" The lady behind the counter of the stall was a little too happy for Tsukishima's liking but he ignored it.

"Two pancakes would be fine." He watched her turn around to make them.

"Huh? Two?" It seemed like Yamaguchi had snapped back to reality.

"Well yeah. neither of us ate breakfast." His shorter friend still hadn't answered his question but he let it be, deciding it was easier to let him dodge the question. The lady turned around again and handed him a paper plate with the pancakes, waving at them before they left. He picked up one and shoved the plate into Yamaguchi's hands without a word.

"Thanks, Tsukki!" His friend smiled widely at him but he didn't dare to look at him. Just taking a bite of his pancake.

'He's too cute. And he makes me feel weird. Happy? nauseous It's not bad but I don't like it..'

They continued along for a bit and looked around the other stalls before concluding that they should go back to his home for Yamaguchi's bag and then take him to his actual home. Then Akiteru would be on him again. Great, social interaction with that asshole of a brother.

"Oh!" Yamaguchi piped up out of nowhere,
"remember that album you recommended last week?"

He nodded a response.

"I listened to it! I love it!" Yamaguchi smiled again. That feeling he always got appeared but he didn't give any indication of feeling anything at all. Only offered a small smile for a split second then dropping it as he let the silence settle.

One thing he appreciated about Yamaguchi is he didn't force him to respond. Unlike other people, he's met. Most people push a response out of you and get irritated when you don't answer them. They think you're ignoring them and at that point he usually is. Not with Yamaguchi though, he didn't ignore him because he was never given a reason to. He listened and gave answers when he felt like it was necessary.

At the moment they'd made it to the pavement and his house was nearby.

Then he heard it. The one thing he hoped he'd never hear again.

"Kei!~" It was the one and only, Aria. Why was she back? Why was she talking to him? Why was she calling him by his first name? They weren't friends anymore.