Chapter 10

- Edited

The thought had been bugging him since the time with Aria smiling behind Tsukishima. Of course she had to be lying about him not wanting to be friends anymore but he after Tsukishima asked him to leave, despite knowing it was personal, he couldn't help be feel like Tsukishima didn't trust him.

It wasn't like he hadn't tried to shake off the thought but it was persistent. He wanted to hear it for himself. Just once. Just one direct indication that he isn't just putting up with him following the blonde around thinking they're friends and actually wants him around. He knew he'd get more answers on the Friday but he wanted this one now. He really wanted all of them now but Tsukishima already said Friday so he wouldn't push it.

There was no answer. There was no response. He looked back over his shoulder and Tsukishima seemed to be thinking really hard about the question. It scared him. Was he thinking of a way to say it without being harsh or was there some other reason? This silence stayed for awhile. Hell they stopped right outside his house and Tsukishima was still thinking.

"T-Tsukki..?" He whispered sheepishly as he waved his hand in front of his face. It got his attention.

"Ah... Shit, sorry."

'Did he just...? No I heard wrong. He didn't just say sorry. That's impossible. If he did then this definitely isn't Tsukki.'

"...You do don't you...?" He led his friend to the door but didn't knock yet.

"You really want to know?" Tsukishima wriggled his wrist free of Yamaguchi's grasp and pat his shoulder for a moment. He couldn't tell what the blonde was trying to do until his body was forcefully turned and a soft kiss was pressed to his forehead. It lingered for a short time before Tsukishima backed off again and quickly knocked the door. Yamaguchi opened his mouth to throw up a response to that but Akiteru opened the door.

"Oh! Kei your face is so bruised! Oh my god get in here. Thank you Yamaguchi." He said and dragged Tsukishima inside, waving a goodbye and shutting the door.

Leaving Yamaguchi outside, all alone. Extremely confused. Very lost on what to do with himself and a little shocked.

'He- I- MY CRUSH JUST KISSED MY FOREHEAD- AHHHHHH-'

He turned bright red as he turned on his heel and started running back to school. He could blame his blushing face on the run back from Tsukishima's house.

Aria lied. She definitely lied. Tsukishima would not do that if he disliked his company, he definitely wouldn't. That was out of nowhere too. Why did he do that though? Do best friends kiss each others forehead or something? Why didn't he know this? Nobody else on the team did that. Except Suga and Daichi but they're dating.

He stopped dead in his tracks when he remembered that.

'Does he like me back? I refuse to believe that. Not unless he says it but I doubt that he will.'

Yamaguchi started up a jog to get to school, which he managed to do but was zoned out so far that when he snapped back to reality he was in the gym with Hinata on the floor after a ball hit his face.

"Woah what the fuck?" He squeaked, everyone stopped to stare at him.

"Did you just swear?" Hinata sat up. He sighed as he shifted uncomfortably. He didn't mean to say that out loud.