Chapter 15

- Edited

"Okay so," Tsukishima sighed,
"You already know we used to be best friends." He mumbled under his breath.

"She befriended me and refused to stop following me so I just thought it was fine."

'Didn't I do that too though? No don't even think about that.'

"Nobody else liked her but I thought they were just being weird. People avoided us for the most part. Half my stuff disappeared after she came to visit a few times. I didn't think much of it." He seemed slightly uncomfortable but didn't stop.

"At some point Aki told her he wanted to talk to me and she left. He told me she was manipulative and a thief. Right before I could say anything, she appeared from eavesdropping and went ballistic." That somehow made sense.

"She threatened to hop off a bridge and ran off. Aki didn't let me chase her and I got mad and locked myself in my room. We lost contact for awhile until she spammed my phone every now and then." He shifted a bit further back. Yamaguchi uncrossed his legs and sat on his knees instead.

"Then she appeared out of nowhere that one time. She always called me Kei without my permission. I was actually fine with her being a bitch.. until she insulted you..." Tsukishima admitted somewhat shyly but not as bad as Yamaguchi when he's feeling shy.

"You know how that ended. The second time she slapped me was because she kept ripping off my headphones and again I was fine with her until she insulted you."

Yamaguchi didn't know why but the fact that Tsukishima only got mad when Aria insulted him made him feel somewhat special. He'd never do that for anyone else.

"Honestly that's basically it. But I did realise something else in the midst of all that." He seemed to force the blank expression that was on his face. Yamaguchi tilted his head slightly. What could he have realised?

Tsukishima stayed quiet for awhile. As if contemplating actually saying what he was about to.

"I like you." He eventually muttered under his breath.

'I heard that wrong.'

"U-uh... S-sorry I think I-I heard that wrong.." He squeaked. Slowly turning red. Fuck what happened with Aria, what did he just say?

"I. Like. Y-" he was cut off by Yamaguchi squeaking. (Yamasqueaky)

"Okay! I didn't hear that wrong!" He was trying to avoid turning dark crimson but his ears were already red at the tips.

'Oohhh my goddd- I cannot believe this is not a dream. This has to be a dream.'

He startled Tsukishima when he slapped his hands onto both sides of his face hard. Nothing changed. He's not dreaming.

'No way. No way. No way.'

"H-huh.." He realised at this point that he had yet to respond to that.
"I-I.." He finally turned dark crimson.

Just then Akiteru knocked on the door.

"Hey! There's food!" He called from the other side of the door. He swears he's never seen Tsukishima walk to the door faster. He unlocked it and was greeted by a slightly confused Akiteru who glanced at Yamaguchi's blushing face and snorted in amusement.