Chapter 2

Tsukishima woke up to a faint whimpering noise from behind him. As he started making sense of reality he could hear someone whispering 'it's just a dream' repeatedly. Soon realizing that it could only be Yamaguchi because they were the only two in his room.

At least they better be or else he's going to kill someone quite soon.

He's too tired for this. He knows it too. Although it's not like he can just ignore it because his conscience will eat at him later on. Yamaguchi is his friend. He can't just do anything.

He sat up and everything went dead silent. Yamaguchi was quite literally holding his breath.

'Seriously? Even if I didn't hear you I would notice the unusual silence because people are supposed to breathe when they sleep.'

"Yamaguchi." Tsukishima reached over to tap his arm. No response. He must think Tsukishima didn't hear him.

"I know you're not asleep. Although you will be soon if you don't breathe." Yamaguchi curled in on himself and let out a shaky breath.

"So, what's wrong?" Tsukishima refused to beat around the bush, he just wanted to solve this so they could go back to bed and be happy. Well as happy as his salty ass could get. Honestly, it would just be Yamaguchi who was happy and that's all he needed to sleep.

"N-nothing..." Yamaguchi's voice cracked, giving him away.

"The repeated mumbling of 'it's just a dream' suggests otherwise." He didn't skip a beat.

"Oh, y-you heard that...?" The freckled male sat up and wiped away what could only be assumed as tears because it was dark and he wasn't wearing his glasses so he couldn't see a thing.

Yamaguchi dropped his arms in his lap and stared into the black abyss of the room.

"W-what time is it...?" He tried dodging the question. Tsukishima wasn't falling for it.

"Tell me what you were dreaming about that was so horrible and I'll tell you the time." He leaned back on his arms as he heard Yamaguchi shuffle. He'd curled his knees to his chest and hugged them from what Tsukishima could tell but again, he couldn't see a thing.

"Y-you..." Yamaguchi trailed off in a mumble Tsukishima could hardly hear.

"I can't hear you when you mumble." Tsukishima reached an arm over and yanked him closer so he could hear. Unaware of the fact that the smaller male was now flustered.

"U-um... I-in my d-dreamy-y-you jumped off a roof... I-I tried to help you b-but... I-I-I was late... S-so I w-went to the bottom of t-the building and... I-I regretted my choices... T-then I woke up and.. yeah...
e-everything until now..." He finished with a fragile voice. As if he was about to cry again. Tsukishima sat there processing what he'd just been told for a few moments.

'I committed suicide right in front of him? I'd be freaked out too if Yamaguchi committed suicide right in front of me.'

"Well..." He started. Not quite sure how to approach something like this. He's never been any good at comforting people. Only making snide remarks and outright insulting them to their face. Never sitting and trying to get someone to stop crying.
"I'm not dead." He tried. Two arms wrapped around him and hugged him as if he'd disappear. He just let it be, rubbing circles on Yamaguchi's back as the other began to sob uncontrollably. At some point, they fell back onto the bed but Yamaguchi still clung to him like a koala, refusing to let go. Not that he'd tried to get him to.