Chapter 11

- Edited

He ended up running to school instead of walking because he had nobody to walk with. It wasn't like he could ask Tsukishima, for multiple reasons and he didn't want to bug anyone. He could've asked his mother for company but she'd get suspicious. Luckily nothing happened in the run on the way to school so that was nice.

He went to the changing room and found Hinata and Kageyama in there, turns out he was earlier then usual. Yamaguchi shrugged when the duo asked why he was so early. Not saying anything.

'How the hell does Hinata bike up and down a mountain when I can't even run to school?'

He pondered this as he changed as quickly as humanely possible because he never liked being exposed. Yes, they were all male, however, he still didn't enjoy the feeling that literally anyone could take a peek at him. Nobody ever did thankfully- to his knowledge anyway. If they did they were definitely disappointed in finding nothing particularly special about him. If anything they'd question if he purposefully made himself look worse or something because he was not good looking at all. Atleast that's what he told himself.

They got into the gym and started practicing. Kageyama and Hinata insisted Yamaguchi practice pinch serving so Hinata could practice receiving it and then send it to Kageyama. Who'd just toss it over again.

They did this for awhile until the rest of the team slowly showed up. That was normal aside from there being one less player. He kind of missed Tsukishima making snide remarks or provoking Kageyama. Everyone was oddly quiet today. Not even the duo was fighting. It just felt... off.

Wasn't long before he found out why.

"So... Aria started spreading rumors." Nishinoya started while they were taking a water break.

"Huh?" Yamaguchi responded instantly and looked over.

"Didn't she tell other students that Tsukishima punched her first?" Asahi rubbed his nape. It was obvious none of the team believed her because Hinata and Kageyama aswell as Sugawara were in the bathroom, even if only for a second- it only took Yamaguchi's expression at seeing the bruise for them to know something else was up and it wasn't Tsukishima's fault.

"Yeah! The gullible fools hate him now!" Hinata piped up, he hated the blonde but seemed unhappy with the situation nonetheless.

"Does he care?" Kageyama asked with a blank expression that seemed somewhat forced.

"Probably not but it still isn't right!" The ginger male reasoned.

"Why does she seem to be set on Tsukishima?" Daichi asked out of the blue. It was a good question. A very good one.

All Yamaguchi knew was she lied about jumping off a bridge once and at some point Akiteru was involved. Besides the fact that they were apparently best friends at some point. There were probably other things too.

Suddenly he realised everyone was looking to him for answers. That wasn't surprising.

"A-ah... I don't really know... I've only heard some things..." He admitted. Kageyama raised a brow as a way to ask what 'things' he heard.