Chapter 3

He cracked open his eyes slowly and sighed softly, looking around momentarily, only to find that he was cuddling Tsukishima's arm.

He yelped, pulling away so fast that he fell off the bed. He knew for a fact that he was blushing furiously as he heard Tsukishima chuckle at him.

"Tsukkkiiii! Not funny!" He whined as he got up off the floor to look at his friend.
"How long have you been up?" He shook his head a few times to force away from his embarrassment and stop blushing like an idiot.

"About an hour," Tsukishima replied nonchalantly as he put his phone down. He got off the bed and stretched.

"And you didn't just push me off?" Yamaguchi deadpanned.

"It didn't benefit me. I didn't have anywhere to be." The blond stopped his stretching for a second.
"You can shower now if you want. I need to talk to Akiteru."

Yamaguchi was surprised but he nodded and went over to the cupboard to collect an outfit and go shower. He wasn't going to eavesdrop either because of how rude that was. Seriously who does that?

Yamaguchi found an outfit and went to the bathroom, locking the door and neatly piling his clothes on the counter. Then he started running the water and took off his current attire. It only dawned on him now that neither of them changed into pajamas before going to bed. While the water was heating up he brushed his teeth. Then took a glance in the mirror above the sink. His face curling into a scowl at his reflection.

'I have to freckles.... and my hair looks like seaweed... maybe if I wash it, it'll look nicer..'

He shook off the thought and hopped into the shower.

---

He stepped out and changed back without daring to glance in the mirror again. Then went downstairs.

As he was walking down the stairs, he unintentionally overheard Tsukishima and Akiteru talking.
"I still think you need to be nicer, especially since he's not like Aria."

'Who is Aria? Wait I shouldn't be listening to this. Go back upstairs you fool.'

He thought as he turned to go back upstairs.

"Can you not? We both know she has nothing to do with this. Although can't say I hate how this conversation has gone but I don't like it either." Tsukishima said in the most monotone voice ever.

"Yes I know, however, you cannot deny that you aren't the nicest to the only person who puts up with you beside me and mom. Also, he's a good person and we all like him." Akiteru replied in a matter-of-factly tone.

'Wait is this about me? I shouldn't be hearing this...'

He still stood there quietly, the mix of fear of the floorboards creaking on his way back up and his curiosity as to where this was going refused to let him move. Yet it didn't feel right to eavesdrop.

"Well, no kidding. He's far better than me, that's for sure. Anyone would prefer him over me any day. Hell, some would even prefer that energetic tangerine on my team over me." The way he sounded so sure of that scared Yamaguchi a little.