Chapter 16

An epilogue

- Edited

He opened his eyes drowsily and took a moment to process where he was. Then he remembered he was in a new apartment. He must've fallen asleep while unpacking. Though he was in a bed. Yamaguchi wondered how he got there. Did Tsukishima bring him to bed? That was the most likely option unless your friendly neighbourhood ghost decided to bring him to bed.

He got up and stretched his arms out. Then went to the kitchen, he could smell fries. Yamaguchi found his partner cooking sloppy french fries.

"Kei! When did you get back?" He asked. He's pretty sure he was unpacking till near midnight and Tsukishima was out doing something with Hinata and Kageyama. He has yet to know what that was about.

"At 2am. The idiots insisted for me to stay at their apartment for that long." He put the food in a bowl and gave it to Yamaguchi.

"I'm surprised they managed to convince you to stay that long. Oh! You made my favourite? What are you plotting?" He teased.

"Shut up, Tadashi. Am I not allowed to be nice to my boyfriend?" Tsukishima shot back.

"By the way, when you're done, get dressed. We're going to the beach." That was random. Not that he was complaining. The beach was fun. There were alot of thing to do there.

"Okay Kei!" He beamed with a smile going from one ear to the other.

---

They walked to the beach and coincidentally found Koushi and Daichi there. So after a bit of chatting they ended up playing volleyball. It was trickier with only two people on each team but it worked.

"One touch!" Tsukishima called and Yamaguchi actually managed to get the ball. This also meant he'd have to spike it as he saw Tsukishima going into a setting position.

They won.

"Damn, we must be getting worse at this." Daichi laughed.

"Woah you're here too!?" A familiar voice yelled from across the beach. It's Hinata and Kageyama.

'This is the weirdest coincidence ever. First Koushi and Daichi but now those two?'

He shrugged it off and the two idiots ended up joining them in another round of volleyball before they went along the beach in a group. Tsukishima didn't say much, he seemed nervous for whatever reason. He could tell since the blonde had a habit of fidgeting with his hands when he was nervous.

"What's up?" Yamaguchi asked. The others shut up for a moment.

"Huh? It's nothing, just thinking." Tsukishima shrugged. This time paying attention to his hands so he wouldn't fidget again. Something fishy is going on here. He couldn't figure out what though so he ignored it.

Hinata dragged him into their conversation.

"Hey Yamaguchi, did you ever have any pets?" He asked curiously. It was a little hard to take him seriously because he was getting a piggy back from Kageyama.

"I had a hamster once. It went missing one day." He responded. He still has no idea what happened to that hamster.

"That's sad." Kageyama said blankly. He'd been trying to get Hinata off him for awhile but kinda gave up eventually and accepted his fate.