The Job

(Y/n)= Your name
(L/n)= Last name
(F/c)= Favorite color
(O/c)= Other color

(Y/n) Pov
I work in bioscience and zoology. Studying genes and cells along with DNA strands to see if there was anything unique in a certain organism. Whenever we got a new subject for analysis, I would be the one to research it and care for it, to keep it comfortable during tests. They never let me see the tests. My job was to examine the cells afterwards. Because of this, I was sent a letter from an E. Mills, asking if I would be interested in a new job.
I called the number on the letter and immediately was answered by a gruff, angry voice.

???- What do you want?

(Y/n)- I'm (y/n) (l/n), calling about a job?

???- Yeah, let me get him for ya.

After about a minute a new voice, much nicer, picked up.

(Y/n)- Hello, is this E. Mills?

Eli- Yes it is, please, call me Eli.

(Y/n)- OK, Eli, got it. You sent a letter about a job?

Eli- Oh, yes, that, I read about your work in bioscience and genes along with caring for subjects and you would be perfect for a new job I have.

(Y/n)- What sort of job is this?

Eli- It's very classified, so if we could set up a meeting I can tell you all about it, along with the pay.

(Y/n)- What time works for you? I'm available almost anytime.

Eli- How about 4 pm on Tuesday? At the address on the letter?

(Y/n) Perfect, see you then.

Eli- Goodbye.

We then hung up and I got ready for the meeting, since I needed to make an impression. I picked out a (f/c) shirt, (o/c) jacket, (o/c) pants, and (f/c) shoes.

When 3:30 came, I grabbed my bag, and went out the door, got in my car, and drove to the address. When I got there after driving through a forest, I was surprised to see a mansion, all the way out here.

Wow, what a place, this guy must be rich, I thought.

Getting out of the car, I walked up to the door and knocked. When the door opened, an elderly woman dressed very nicely greeted me.

(Y/n)- Hello, is Mr. Mills here?

Iris- Yes he is, call me Iris. I can escort you to his office, or I can tell you where to go.

(Y/n)- I think I can find it, where is it?

Iris- Walk through the entrance, go up the stairs on the left, and two doors down, it's right there.

(Y/n)- Thank you, I'll head right there.

Iris- No problem.

After getting directions, I followed exactly where she told me and overheard Eli talking with someone. The voices were faint, but I could make out bits of what they said.

Eli- -hiring a new person-

?- -needs more stable dna-

Eli- -has to work-

?- -killing machine-

Eli- -make it work-

?- -We can't underestimate it-

Eli- -created it, you should know-

?- -indominus rex was-

Eli- -Just get it done-

It was then that they seemed to be done with their meeting and so, an asian man with black hair came out, wearing a lab coat.

?- Hello, who are you? He asked me when exiting.

(Y/n)- I'm (y/n), I'm applying for a job here and I have a meeting with Eli to discuss the job.

Wu- Oh, Eli told me about you, I'm Dr. Henry Wu, head scientist here.

(Y/n)- Ok, I'll remember that. Nice meeting you!

I then stepped into Eli's office and had a seat.

Eli- So, this job is going to blow your mind.

(Y/n)- What do you mean?

Eli- We need you to help in creating a new dinosaur.

I couldn't believe my ears. A new dinosaur?! Like the one that destroyed Jurassic World a couple years ago? I had so many questions but the one burning in my mind was: Why?

(Y/n)- A new dinosaur? I was at Jurassic World when that thing attacked.. Why would you want a new one? Wouldn't it just escape and kill more people?

Eli- We did have concerns that it would be equally or more dangerous, so we've decided that, if you were to accept this job, you would be the sole caretaker of the new dinosaur.

All of this was coming down on me hard. My thoughts scrambled to try to comprehend what he was saying. Sole caretaker? More dangerous? Could it be another one of those new dinosaurs at Jurassic World?

Eli- I can see you're conflicted with this decision. If you don't think you could do it, it's perfectly-

(Y/n)- No!

(Y/n)- Sorry, I would love to do this, I just wasn't expecting this of all things. What will the dinosaur be like?

Eli- Well, Dr. Wu had a team return to Jurassic World and secure dna from the Indominus Rex, the dinosaur that destroyed the park, and brought it here for testing. After over a year of trial and error, we've procured two samples, but because the DNA is so unstable, we weren't able to selectively breed genders, so both are male.

Eli- As for traits, we were able to breed colors, and both are black, since we have plans for them when the are adults. Their features will be very similar to the I-Rex, but they will be smaller and more agile, able to walk on four or two legs, and very intelligent.

(Y/n)- Will they even be able to be tamed? I mean, the I-Rex, never liked humans and killed a lot of people.

Eli- Dr. Wu has assured me that, if you are present when they hatch, they should bond fairly well to you.

(Y/n)- Wait, hatch? They haven't even hatched yet?

Eli- No, they are both still in an incubator, but we have people watching them 24/7 in case of a crack in the eggs.

(Y/n)- Ok, this sounds great and all, and I'll do it, but I need specifics on the job, like pay and what I'll be doing.

Eli- Of course.

The rest of the meeting wen on as normal, with him telling me details and pay, which was $150 an hour present (a lot I know), and my job being feeding, playing if necessary, and overall observing behavior and health.

Timeskip

It's been about four days since I joined the project. I've been staying with the eggs most of the time doing nothing but watching, writing down observations every hour, and remembering to call Eli and Wu in case of hatching.

After my shift was over and another guard came to watch the eggs, I got up, typed the code on the elevator, drove home and started watching TV. It was 9 pm when I got a call. Because of the theory that the eggs could hatch at any time, I always answered as fast as I could.

(Y/n)- Hello?

Eli- It's happening.