The Feud

Ripper Pov

I heard those alpha humans yelling. I hope it's to the idiot duo. They deserve it for being so weak. What's this? The man came back to my cage? Well, what now?

Obsidian Pov

After we were so rudely interrupted by the alpha humans, my human, called (y/n) by the alphas went to see Ripper. I fought and yelled and whined so that he would stay, but he left. I hope he's going to hurt Ripper, like Ripper did to me.

(Y/n) Pov

(Y/n)- Oy, Ripper, I have news for you. You're getting your wish. Neither of us are coming back to see you. I'm letting  the scientists do whatever they want to you, how's that?

He glared at me and smiled.

"Do your worst."

I could read the words on his face.

After that brief exchange, I came back to Obsidian who, despite me being gone for 2 minutes, was already latched onto someone's arm.

(Y/n)- Obsidian! Let go of him!

Obsidian Pov

I noticed that (y/n) came back and looked at them. They had another sign. "Let him go!" I immediately let go of the stranger's arm and ran over to (y/n). Another sign. "Bad boy." I hated being called that. I've only been friends with (y/n) for a maximum of 20 minutes and I already took orders from him. What was wrong with me?

(Y/n) Pov

After getting Obsidian off of the poor guy and sending him to the medbay, I returned with Obsidian to his cage and locked us in.

(Y/n)- Obsidian, bad boy. You can't attack anyone you see just because I left for a bit. You have to be good, or they'll separate us.

Obsidian Pov

"Don't attack anyone or they'll separate us." Separate us?! I had to control my temper or else I would die without (y/n)'s company. And that's what Ripper wanted.

(Y/n) Pov

Ok, now that Obsidian might behave, I can spend some time with him. We started by playing, but that was over quick when Obsidian gave me another scratch and my arm. He retreated to his corner and whimpered, but came out, albeit with his head hung low after I told him I was okay.

Timeskip

Obsidian and Ripper seem to be understanding speech fairly well. I don't have to make as many signals to talk to them, and vocal commands seem to be working as well. I told Ripper the other day to go and shove it, and he proceeded to push a box in his cell to a corner. Obsidian obeyed a command to get back in his cell after a worker left it open for just a second too long, almost resulting in a breach in security, as the doors were open.

As for the mental states of everyone, we're all stressed. Eli has to deal with constant calls and papers, Henry is making sure that each dinosaur gets enough food for their size, and I have my hands full taking care of Obsidian. It's gotten to the point of me putting a bed in his cell because he can't live without me. Some nights I have to go home, and the workers tell me he yells, whines, and sulks until I get back.

Ripper and Obsidian are becoming bigger every day. Both are now the size of a dog, and they are not happy with their cells. It'll have to be discussed with Eli and Henry. Their intellect is also larger.

They can read emotions much better, as displayed by a test I did with Obsidian. For one week, I never stayed the night with him, and entered his cell with a different mood everyday. He responded to happiness as expected, with more happiness. Anger got him to back off until he approached me, when I calmed down and he seemed much calmer. Sadness broke my heart, as he withdrew from my presence, silently sitting in the corner. I walked over to see if he was okay and we spent the rest of the day cuddling. Boredom got him bored as well, but I couldn't seem to get out of that one, and didn't do much for the rest of the day, aside from feeding him and sleeping. Terror got him to lay next to me on the bed, with his comforting red eyes telling me it would be fine. I calmed down and we spent the rest of the day as normal, although he suspected that Ripper had something to do with my terror. Ripper only chuckled.

Obsidian Pov

Ripper! Making my human scared, he'll pay for this. And when I heard him chuckle, I had a plan. When the workers came to feed us, I would run out of my home to Ripper's and tear his throat out. That'll teach him.

Ripper Pov

Little lout. It isn't my fault his human was scared. I've got to be ready. I know he's planning something. But I'm not sure what. Maybe he'll just have his human come torture me. Or maybe he'll leave me alone forever. What a treat that would be.

Ripper- Hey numbskull, what you doing?

Obsidian- Getting ready for my plan.

Ripper- Oh, is that right? Well, do your best.

Obsidian- I will.

Obsidian Pov

Feeding time came and, just like I planned, I ran out, over to Ripper, and grabbed him. I didn't care how hurt I was. He was gonna die.

Ripper Pov

Damn it! That mouse has got ahold of me! He's going to regret messing with me. I'll make him hurt so bad he can't even make it to the recovery room!