Trust

Timeskip

(Y/n) Pov

It's been a week since the incident, and I've finally healed enough that Henry will let me leave. My first thing is to see Obsidian.

As I walked out of the medbay abd to the hall, I heard Ripper chuckling? What is he up to?

(Y/n)- Ok Ripper, what's so funny?

He stared at me and let out a series of roars and growls, almost like speech.

(Y/n)- You know I can't understand you. Is this some sort of joke? You injured Obsidian to the point of getting me injured. Whatever, play your games.

I ignored the rest of his "words" and looked into the other cell. I saw Obsidian curled in the corner like he usually does with the other people.

(Y/n)- Ok buddy, I'm coming in. You don't mind, do you?

He growled and hissed but made no effort to stop me. After I got in, I sat down carefully and looked over at him, his teeth bared.

(Y/n)- Look, I know you hate me, but why? You already know I'm not a threat, and I've done nothing to you.

I tried my best to motion my words so that he would understand.

Obsidian Pov

Again? The signs? Ok, here we go. "I am not a threat." "Why do you hate me?" "I've done nothing to you." Yes you did! You chased me around and were going to hurt me! Ok, more signs. "Are you okay?" "Did Ripper hurt you that bad?" "I hate him too." What?! He hates him too? And what's with these names? Obsidian and Ripper. Clearly I'm supposed to be Obsidian so the other one must be Ripper.

(Y/n) Pov

I seemed to be getting through to him. He became more relaxed but still stayed in the corner. I can only hope he won't interpret these signals wrong.

(Y/n)- I know we had a bad start, but I'm hopeful that we can patch things up and be friends. What do you say?

Obsidian Pov

I was stunned. They forgive me?! After I hurt them, hated them, stayed away from them, they still like me?! I couldn't understand. Why? I sniffed the air and smelled for their fear, or hate, or any other bad emotion, but was greeted with happiness, loyalty, and trust. It meant more to me than anything ever. I had to accept. I couldn't believe I hated only moments earlier. Right now, no matter what, I wanted to stay with them.

Ripper Pov

I can smell that Idiot's emotions. Trust, happiness, care. Weak emotions. I have dominance, terror, and hate. All of the emotions that will help me survive longer. And that man. I hate him especially. Not only am I unable to get to him, but he is able to walk free, go where he wants, when he wants. I have this box, with regular pain, and no fun. I destroyed all of my toys weeks ago.

(Y/n) Pov

No way. Not only has Obsidian accepted my words, but he's snuggling with me. I had him on my lap, curled up in a ball like some, deadly, scaly cat. He was purring, or making a sound close to it, and I was scratching his head, which he seemed to love.

(Y/n)- Yeah, you're not so bad, all it took was a couple of near-death experiences to make it work.

I had no idea how long we sat there, enjoying each other, but I snapped out of it when someone yelled. I looked over to see one of the workers, pointing at me, yelling.

Worker- What the hell?! What are you doing?! Get out of there, I'll call Eli before it gets you again!

(Y/n)- No wait-

He ran off, presumably calling Eli and Henry, who showed up in a matter of minutes. I was still sitting there with Obsidian, but I was calming him, because the worker really scared him and made him angry.

Wu- (y/n)? What are you doing?! I told you not to come back here!

(Y/n)- Why? Obsidian seems to be nice to me now, and I'm nice to him, so what's the problem?

Eli- That is the problem. These assets are meant to be unthinking killing machines, not pets!

(Y/n)- Well I thought I was supposed to do my job.

Eli- Yes, you were! And now it's going to take twice as long to train this one!

Wu- Eli, if I may, we could just let it happen.

Eli- Why?!

Wu- Well, the other one seems to hate everyone, so there's no possibility of bonding. We could let this one bond as an experiment, and keep the other one as a prototype.

Eli- I was promised two war machines, Henry! If you can't-

Wu- I bred them to be war machines, but I can't control their minds! This was Masrani's problem with the Indominus! He wanted a scary attraction, without realizing the dangers! He may have gotten a monster, but we have a puppy. I can control dna, Eli, but not biology itself!

Eli- Fine. Let's see where this goes. The other one is staying according to schedule.

Wu- Of course.

(Y/n)- Go ahead, do your worst to Ripper. Neither of us care about him anyways.

Eli- Ripper?

Wu- Yes, (y/n) named Subject 1 as well.

Eli- I see. Well, (y/n), you're lucky you still have a job. I'll see you all later.

Wu and Eli both left me to manage Obsidian.

(Y/n)- Oh Obsidian, what have we gotten ourselves into?