Confinement

(Y/n) Pov

Doctor Wu was right. Even though these were small animals, they were still predators, and intelligent ones. They would need to be confined until we were sure we knew what their thought processes were.

Timeskip

After about a week, the dinosaurs seemed to be growing up fast. We first kept them in a solid concrete cell with thick, bulletproof glass to observe them, but as they grew, they seemed to understand their situation and make decisions based off of their experiences with me and the scientists.

Another worrying aspect of their confinement was that Subject 1 seemed to dislike Subject 2. They frequently made roaring noises at each other and never slept near each other. Once, Subject 2 tried to approach Subject 1 but was scratched to the point of withdrawal from the cell. After spending a few days in the medbay, Subject 2 was moved back to the cell.

Subject 1 Pov

That brat! He tried to touch me! Can't he see that he is weak? I can't show affection towards him, it'll only make me weaker, and the weak die. I got him though. Made the little bugger suffer until he got taken by the humans. I found out that's what they're called because of the guy. He comes into our home regularly, and told us not to worry about the other humans, trying to "bond" with us. The other one loves that guy.

Subject 2 Pov

Everything hurts! I tried to warm up to the other one like me, but he scratched me! I just wanted to have someone to trust in this place, everything is scary! The humans constantly hurt us by doing weird things with their tools. I love the one guy though. He's nice to me. He feeds me, loves me, he was even nice to me after I hurt him, the first time we met. I wasn't sure of who he was, so I lashed out in case he hurt me, but he backed off and still stayed with us. The other one hates him though. I just want to leave.

(Y/n) Pov

The two subjects may be similar in features, but they are completely different in attitude and personality. For instance, Subject 2 is warming up to me, while Subject 1 is trying to get away from both Subject 2 and me. We may need to look into his DNA to spot any defects.

Dr. Wu said there would be complications, as they both have dna from the Indominus Rex along with other things added in. Because of their unstable genetic makeup, they may develop problems in the near or distant future. Whatever the case, I'm going to try my hardest to take care of them.

I finished up writing a report on the two dinosaurs when I heard growling and whimpering coming from their cage. I rushed down to see Subject 1 ripping into Subject 2. I quickly called for backup, since they both needed to be separated, and three guards came to pry Subject 2 out of Subject 1's grip.

Dr. Wu Pov

Ring ring

It was 2 in the morning and I was woken up by my phone.

Wu- Hello, this had better be important.

(Y/n)- Apologies Dr. but something bad has happened. Subject 1 was found tearing Subject 2 apart. We were able to save Subject 2, but he has sustained many injuries. We need you here, right now.

Wu- Keep him in the medbay, I'll be right over.

With that, I hung up and got dressed in my clothes and lab coat. I quickly drove up to the mansion and called Eli, explaining the situation, ran to the elevator, and entered the medbay.

Wu- How is he doing?

(Y/n)- Fine, but he seems to be losing consciousness and is suffering minor behavioral issues, he seems depressed.

Wu- As to be expected, after all, he was just viciously attacked by the one creature he can relate to. As for his injuries, let me examine him.

The subject had many gashes and bruises, but overall, it would survive. As for its mental state, that would have to be seen. Eli then entered the medbay and came over to see the subject.

Eli- Henry, will it be alright?

Wu- Phisically, yes, mentally, well, that's hard to say. Getting attacked by its own "brother" would be very traumatic.

Eli- What do you suggest we do with it? It obviously needs to heal.

Wu- After it heals, like you said, we need to place it in a separate cell, away from the other one.

Eli- I'll have men start building in the morning. Goodnight, everyone.

With that, he left the basement and went up the elevator.

Wu- (y/n), would you mind staying here with me to help Subject 2 heal?

(Y/n)- Of course, I would do anything for these creatures, and it might help the bonding process.

Wu- Thank you. It's going to be a long night.