Recovery

Subject 1 Pov

Finally. Peace and quiet. With those two gone I can enjoy my own company. I keep coming back to that other one though. "Subject 2" as they call him. I guess I'm Subject 1. It suits me. I'm number one, he's number 2. The whelp needs to stay away from me. I don't know what his plan is but it won't work. I got more pain today. They told me something and when I didn't do anything, they hit me with a stick that really hurt.

Subject 2 Pov

I've spent a while on this table, outside of our home. It's pretty scary but since no one's hurting me it'll be fine. The guy comes in here a lot now. I think he likes me, which is good since I like him. He's better than that other jerk obviously. That one can go and shove it!

(Y/n) Pov

It's been a couple more days since my discussion with Eli, and I've recently been sleeping in the medbay with Obsidian. He's been doing good. I've named Subject 2 "Obsidian" since one, he's black, and two, he's still going strong after that mauling. Subject 1 is "Ripper", for obvious reasons.

Anyways, Obsidian is almost done healing, and Ripper is always hiding in his cell, until we feed him, when he comes out and drags the food back into the darkness. One guy came to see me in the medbay to inform me that he had a message from Wu.

(Y/n)- Oh, hello, who might you be?

Messenger- I have a message from Dr. Wu.

(Y/n)- What is it?

Messenger- "When Subject 2 is fully healed, take him to the second cell, right next to Subject 1's, and feed both of them."

(Y/n)- Thank you, you can go.

Timeskip

It was about 3 am when Obsidian finally woke up and started running around. I woke up after he jumped on top of me and knocked all of the air out of my lungs.

(Y/n)- Alright, Obsidian, lets get you back where you belong.

Obsidian Pov

Obsidian? Who is he talking to? Is he still sleepy because I woke him up? I was jumping around because I woke up and I felt all better. He suddenly reached out to grab me and I ran. I found an exit and ran through a white room and out to the long room where I got put with the other one.

I heard footsteps running towards me so I bolted. Down the room, all the way to the end. There was a big metal square blocking the way and I couldn't escape. I heard the footsteps get closer and closer and assumed it meant I was going back with the other one.

Ripper Pov

I was suddenly woken up by a crash and lots of running, only to see the weak one being chased by the guy. Ugh, I woke up for this? Screw them both, I'm going to sleep.

(Y/n) Pov

Dear lord, he's fast! I ran out of the medbay, through the lab and out to the hall. Ripper was already awake when I saw Obsidian on the catwalk. He noticed me and kept running, down the stairs and across the hall. He got stuck by the door where there was nowhere for him to run.

(Y/n)- Hey, Obsidian, don't be scared. I'm not gonna hurt you.

He growled at me and got into a defense pose.

(Y/n)- Ok, mesaage received, I'll back off. Why are you running? Don't you want to sleep?

He stared down the hall at Ripper and roared.

(Y/n)- Oh, you think I'm bringing you back to Ripper, huh? Well, good news, you're getting your own cell. Tada!

Obsidian Pov

What? I couldn't understand what they meant. Obsidian? Ripper? Cell? Who were these people, and why do I get my own of one? I don't care. I'm not going back to that place with the other one. I thought I could trust the guy, but he's like all the rest.

Ripper Pov

I could hear him. Growling. Roaring. The little lout is finally standing up for himself. Hopefully he gets back soon. I can't wait to see them hit him with the stick!

(Y/n) Pov

I could tell he was scared and confused. Even these dinosaurs couldn't understand English.

(Y/n)- Obsidian, calm down. I'm not going to bring you back to Ripper.

He continued growling, clearly unphazed by my words, so I pointed to him, then to Ripper, then shook my head. Then I pointed to myself, then to him and motioned picking him up, the pointed to his cell.

Obsidian Pov

Ok, what now? They made some signs with their hands, and I finally understood. Me, the other one, and no. "I'm not putting you with him." Then the guy, me, picking up, and another home. "I'm putting you in there." I calmed down some but was still ready to kill him if he did anything, but he just stayed put. Waiting for me. I looked at the other home and sniffed. No other one. Just empty.

(Y/n) Pov

Yes! He finally understood! After he realized he calmed down some, but when I tried to approach he went back to growling. I then pointed to him, then me, then made walking signs with my fingers, the pointed to the cage.

(Y/n)- Come on, lets get you in the cell.

Obsidian Pov

Another signal. Me, him, walking, the home. "Let's go to the home" I let him take lead when I stood up and he opened the barrier into the home. When I got in, he came in and closed it. I knew it. This was a trap to hurt me! I'm gonna kill him!