Chapter Ten

Draco's pov

At the front of the classroom, stands something large under a long white piece of cloth, hidden from our eyes. I impatiently tap my fingers on the table in front of me, ready to get out of this class already. "Settle down, everyone. Settle down." The professor says walking in the class. Everyone quiets down as he makes his way to the hidden object at the front of the class. "Would anyone like to take a guess at what I have hidden under this?" No one says anything. "No one?" I roll my eyes. Obviously, no one said anything. Get on with it.

He flicks his wand and the cloth falls to the floor, revealing the famous mirror of Erised. "Can anyone tell me what this is?" He asks the class. "Miss Acker?" I turn to see that Cassy had raised her hand to answer. "It's the mirror of Erised." He nods smiling. "And can you tell me how it got it's name?" He asks.

"Well the mirror shows you the deepest desires of your heart. Hence how it got it's name. The name Erised is desire spelled backwards, as if reflected in the mirror." She says. "Very good! Please, come to the front and tell us what you see." He says excitedly.

Cassy gets up and walks to the front of the classroom and stands in front of the mirror. She stands there for a second, before her mouth drops open. "What do you see?" The teacher asks. "My mother." She gasps out.

My stomach fell at the mention of her mother. I look around to see people in class with confused looks. I forget that no one besides me knows about her mother or her father. She coughs, holding back the tears.

"My turn." I say confidently walking to the mirror, trying to take the attention off of Cassy. She smiled gratefully at me, tears in her eyes. I stand in front of the mirror, not really knowing what I was about to see. After a few moments, nothing happens. "Is this thing bloody broken?" I say. The teacher gives me a confused look. "What do you mean, Mr. Malfoy?" I scoff at the stupid mirror. "I don't see anything." I tell him.

"There's nothing else besides your reflection?" I shake my head at him. "The only thing in the mirror is mine and Cassy's reflection." I tell him. I hear people laughing behind me and I look behind me to see Cassy is in her seat at the back of the classroom, blushing, no where near the mirror or me. I look back at the mirror, still seeing her standing next to me, and realize.

I felt my face turning red as I grumbled out a quick, "Nevermind." And went back to my seat. I sank down in my seat, covering part of my face with my hands trying to block my blushing face from the class. Well I did want to get the attention off of Cassy. I did exactly that. Fuck my life.

Cassy's pov

I look back to Draco to see him still blushing. I smile as I turn back to face the front of the classroom, happy with what just happened. The professor ends the class on that note and we grab our stuff to head off. I wait until I feel Draco next to me to look up at him. "So-" I start off smirking at him but he cuts me off. "Shove it." He says walking ahead. I let a laugh out as I trail behind him. "Oh come on." I say nudging his shoulder with mine.

"Draco." I hear from behind. We both turn to see it's professor Snape. Draco frowns but follows him. I watch him walk off, wondering what Snape could want with him now. I worry, considering the last time Snape took him, he ended up at the bottom of the lake. They speak a few words and Draco is back walking toward me.

"What was that about?" I ask him. We continue to walking towards the great hall when he says, "My father is here." I look up at him in shock. "Shit. Where is he?" I say looking around. He laughs gently at my concern about his father maybe being around any corner. "He's gone now." He simply says.

I wait for more answers, but don't get any. "Why was he here?" I finally ask him. "Pissed about them throwing me into the bottom of the lake to die." He says. I stop in my tracks and he turns around realizing I stopped. "You were never going to die. They wouldn't have allowed it." He shrugs. "It's done with. Let's not talk about it." He says continuing walking. We get to the entrance and I realize my wand is missing. "What the-" I frantically search all over. He gives me a concerned look. "My wand. I guess I must've dropped it in class. I'll be back." I tell him turning on my heels. "I got it." He states about to walk by me. "No, it's fine. I'll go get it. Go eat. I'll be in there soon." I tell him. He nods and turns around to go into the great hall.

I rush through the halls back to the room I think I left my wand in. I walk in and see the professor is gone too. I walk over to the table I sit at and look all around. But I don't see it. I start searching under every desk, on top of every piece of furniture, and it's nowhere to be seen.

"Missing something?" A voice says. I look towards the door to the room and see Lucious Malfoy. My throat goes dry. "That's mine." I barely manage to get out. He smirks, walking in, and shutting the door. I widen my eyes, officially scared. "Oh, I know. You should really be more careful where you leave your things." He says inching closer to me. I slowly maneuver around a desk, trying to put as much distance between us as possible. "What do you want?" I ask, my voice cracking.

The sound of his cane hitting the floor adds to the spine-chilling feeling. "Do you know why I'm here?" He asks coldly. I nod my head slowly. "Ah. So Draco already told you." I nod again. He smiles in a straight line. "Do you remember our last conversation?" He asks, hitting his cane on a desk getting closer to me. I nod. "Leave. Draco. Alone." He says. He slaps the desk between us, making me yelp. He smiles evilly. "Haven't you learned your lesson already?" He says smirking. I squint my eyes at him in anger. "I knew it." I say referring to him being the one who entered me into Triwizard tournament. He smiles coldly once again. "I have no idea what you're talking about." He says walking away.

"Did you enter Harry as well?" I ask. He laughs. "No. But I should thank the person that did. What is the Muggle saying? Two birds, one stone." He says smiling.

"If you don't leave Draco alone, I'll make sure he'll have nothing to do with you again." He says being hostile. Tears threatened to come down. "And I'll make sure the last task, will be the last thing you ever do." He says walking out. He left my wand on the desk in front of me. I snatch my wand up and run from the classroom. I run all the way through out the castle bath to the entrance of the Great Hall. I burst through the doors, everyone staring at me.

Draco notices me and stands up. I feel the tears stinging my eyes, begging to fall down. I see Harry and my friends staring, debating on what to do. I walk back into the hall, the doors slamming behind me. I slide down the wall next to the doors, when Draco bursts through. He sees me and slides down next to me. "Hey, what's wrong?" He asks.

"I found my wand. Your father had it." His eyes widen in shock. "Why did my father have it?" I shrug my shoulders. "He wanted to talk to me." I said remembering the conversation. He props himself up on his feet, squatting in front of me. "What did he say to you?" He said getting mad. As soon as I mentioned his father, I could feel the anger roll off of him into me. "He said I should've stayed away from you. But that he's going to be sure that this time, you stay away from me." I say trying not to cry.

"He kept hitting his cane on the desks, trying to scare me. It worked." I tell him more. He stands up and storms out the doors of the castle into the courtyard. I get off the ground and run after him. "Draco!" I holler after him. He doesn't stop. I reach him and grab his arm, pulling him around. "What!" He yells. I flinch away from him, even if his anger wasn't directed towards me. "Where are you going?" I ask him, trying not to feed into his emotions. "To tell my father to fuck off." He says seething with rage. He went to turn around again, but yanked him back towards me. "Let go, Cass." He tells me, trying to stay calm.

"And what if hits you again? I don't want you getting hurt because of me." I tell him, trying to plead with him. He looks into my eyes. "I'm not going to let him ruin the only good thing going for me. I finally find someone I care about, someone that cares about me, and this is how he treats you!" He raises his voice again.

"I do care about you. That's why I don't want you to do this." I tell him. He lets out a sigh. "Everything alright here?" I turn around to see Cedric standing there, a few feet behind me. "Fuck off, golden boy." Draco says to him. Cedric takes a few steps forward, "I was talking to Cassy." He says completely ignoring Draco altogether. Draco scoffs at him. I nod. "Yeah, Cedric. I'm okay." He nods and give me one last glance, before turning on his heels back towards the castle. When I turn back around to face Draco, he's gone.