Chapter 07

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•
07 - The First Domino

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•07 - The First Domino

Prickled bush was a tricky plant to study with, the thorn stuck on each wide, tongue-like leaves was terrifying. The thorn was yellow, at the size of teeth, curved so it could claw deep into the skin. Moreover, the plants nastily, could move on its own.

     "Ouch." Gemma winced as the thorns nearly poke her uncovered elbow, eyes narrowed with a shovel in her hand. A frown formed on her lips, all she wanted to do was stabbing the plants with the shovel.

Martin elbowed her in the arm, "Don't kill the plant Merlin." he said in a hush tone, noticing the glint of annoyance from her eyes. Marty scooped a dragon dung nearby placing it in circling the plant.

"I'm not killing it," Gemma sighed, watching him carefully spreading the fertilizers. As the plant was acting friendlier around him. "Yet."

Martin stifled his laughter, eyes on the plants as he was thoroughly enjoying the whole Herbology plant routine. If on the pitch he could be a harsh beater inside the greenhouse he was as gentle as feather to each magical plant.

"You mean thing." Martin muttered, shifting to take the watering can, "You have to treat them good if you want them to treat you nice, Gem."

"Just make it stop moving or attacking me, Marty. Before I make them stop breathing." Gemma turned to look at him, her cerulean eyes examined him with a smile. From the corner of his eyes, Martin noticed the look on her eyes.

Marty held back a smile before turning his head to face her, "What?" he raised an eyebrow, "Why are you all smiley like an idiot, Merlin?"

    "Nothing."

     The blond fixated his gaze on the thorny plants as the Irish witch tapped her fingers to the table, a sign that McKinnon learned from being her friends since day one that she had something in mind.

     "What is it, Gem?" asked McKinnon, putting away the watering can. Almost immediately the prickled bush wriggled out happiness from his treatment.

     Gemma hummed, inside her brain besides how to kill a vicious plant quickly. There was another thing, laid in the bottom of her mind: Regulus Black would die, her precognition. The witch bit her lips as she had to keep this from anyone.

    "So, Marty." she began, forming the sentence in her head, "If you know Shadow will die what will you do?"

     So she used a parable to hide her true question. Shadow was the fluffy monstrous Norwegian cat that originally belonged to Marlene, though she didn't like her. Gemma didn't blame her, Shadow was like a fine-clawed devil who would attack you in the dark, hiding behind its bright pupils.