Chapter 12

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•
12 - Apollo's Wish

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•12 - Apollo's Wish

Cold sweats covered her fragile palms, taking a grip of a cotton material tightly. The brunette heard her heart thudding inside her ears, and eyes swelled with tears from the other night.

     The Irish girl buried her face behind a taller figure, smelling the scent of petrichor that July evaded the room. As the stormy rain was pouring upon the Zygo's marbled manor. The maddening thunder flashed along with parade of lightning.

   "Dad! Stop it!" cried the boy, his voice was cracking at the end. His body heat radiated to the girl hiding behind him.

     The heartbroken man was reckless, drunk and a whole mess. His honey eyes stared at the piling up stocks of firewhiskey one after another. A chain of devil's trap, eyes red and watery. His face was a glow down, from the messy curl brushed his shoulder filled with built-up sweat and grease. When was the last time Austin bathe himself, no one knows.

    But he stood on the front yard, drenched in rain with a half-empty bottle of firewhiskey in hand. He chugged again, as he raised his hand to the sky. And the girl behind the boy was scared, whimpering for her dear life. Who would blame a five-year-old to cry over her suddenly scary father?

     Or, who would blame a man to act psychotic after the love of his life was taken unfairly by magic?

    Austin went on denial after another denial as he overworked himself in study room. Reading the rules of the old-magic he so fancy and respected. Trying to see and proved his point that Sonata should never die in the first place. The man was drowning in his grief as he forgot the order of Merlin he had to take care of, his job and his life. His children.

    He was creating a nuisance inside the peaceful home. The rain and thunder came to the large house was from his ever flashing golden eyes. Yelling, "O' dear Merlin! If you so dearly love me then give me mercy take my life!" the heartbroken man yelled to the sky, muffled with another thunder.

   "Take my life! Bring my Sonata back!" the Irish man slumped down, his voice turned hoarse at the end as his knees touched the puddled grass. Eyes squinted as he gritted his teeth to hold back his screams. Thunder stroke near the man, in the most destructive way yet the bolt kept missing his body.

     Gemma watched her father went crazy, before her eyes with a small voice she pulled her brother's shirt, "Alpha, get Dad over here." she pleaded, "He will get sick, and Mum doesn't like it."