Chapter 31

•❅─────────✧❅✦❅✧─────────❅•
31 - Lesser Demon

•❅─────────✧❅✦❅✧─────────❅•31 - Lesser Demon

The room was muted, nothing but loud ringing blazed Alphard's eardrums. Champagne eyes enlarged, and footsteps matched his thundering heart. The azuline demon had vanished, imbibed to her flesh, leaving creases of a turquoise scar as a reminder that the devil lived within her.

Gemma's fissured skin was glistening goldenly, just as blinding as the thunder Alpha sent to stop her a few seconds ago. The demonic star had burst to supernova, the way Gamma and Leonis revolved too close, unable to restrain the galactic blast.

As gravity dragged the witch down, Isle of Glass was no longer fancy. Geode floor crushed, metal and woods burned, as if catastrophe had hit the flashy estate. But such disaster was vesseled in a person that was Gammaliel. Alphard heart's was slowing down, dragging his feet with the remaining energy.

Her peach dress was undamaged, the friction between the tule material and the air was rabid, her eyes shut. Between chaotic rhythm of thunders rang outside the estate, she fell peacefully. Alpha leaped forward as he caught the witch's body before it hit the ground. The siblings landed on the ruined floor, but the older used his body as her mattress.

       "Gemma," his voice breathless, inhaling the scent of the brunette's perfume. He peered down and found her body undamaged, but her forearm glistened with a trace of scars. "Nana, quickly!"

      The Merlin heir hastily shifted his sister's body and placed the girl, as she laid down weakly on the floor. Fidelya rushed herself and took out her wand before she casted a healing spell on the girl. Alpha's eyes peeled to her forearm, where a long line was carved on her skin. Crimson blood didn't leak out of her tissues, instead, it was turquoise.

      It glimmered as if blue lava was running through her veins. After a round of healing spell and a few minutes later, inaudible language escaped from Gemma's lips. Her consciousness spun back as Fidelya coo her back to close her eyes. Alphard sighed in relief as he tossed his head back. His fingers were trembling, and he dusted his temple feeling a small part of his epidermis peeled.

      "I can't heal the scar." Fidelya gasped, wiping the sweat off her temples, eyes at the girl's glistening forearm. "Alpha, she's not going to heal quickly — she might need a few days."

      Alpha's lips told no tale, though his honey eyes glossed with vexation. He threw his gaze away where a familiar gold and ruby dagger was settled between the geode flooring. He knelt to examine the dagger, narrowing his eyes, "It's all right, Nana, at least she is fine." he exhaled deeply. The older heir hesitated at first but extended his right hand to reach for the shiny dagger.