Chapter 09

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•
09 - the Marauders' Code

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•09 - the Marauders' Code

Merlin might know that his heiress was in danger and with that, the sky began to darken around the great castle. Gammaliel stood with a shriek from watching the black dog and she couldn't find Sirius. The dog whimpered trying to get back on its feet, even though one of its hindlegs was wobbly from the werewolf attack. The dog glared at the wolf and stood on its ground before Gammaliel stubbornly. Her brows furrowed as she thought, why would the dog stand before her like that. Her azure eyes searched for Sirius, he wasn't anywhere. It clicked to her, the dog was Sirius himself. He was an animagus.

But the black dog needed help, Gemma's heart was thudding faster inside her chest. Scared for both the dog and herself. The vicious werewolf swung its hand but the limp dog continued to dodge the attack so stealthily. The Irish witch landed her gaze upon the Whomping Willow.

It had to move again and pushed the werewolf back inside the hole. But the distance was too far for the werewolf to be within reach with the tree. Then her eyes darted away as she heard the dog whimper.

The dog yet again was pushed away, the werewolf was showing off its sharp canine and enormous claws. The blazing red eyes of the furious werewolf were onto the dog, the beast leaped forward to it. And Gemma did the only thing she could think of.

"NO! Sirius!"

The Irish witch shifted forward shielding the dog with both arms. Her eyes shut as she muttered old-english that magically was out of her lips. She was embracing the dog in her arms, as the temperature dropped to freezing. The wind around them blew, sizzling, fallen leaves strewn on the ground.

The whooshing wind was louder than a medal, she heard a howl from the beast. Swirling around the witch and the limp dog. Gemma's eyes shot open out of her will, her azure blue eyes were glowing. Brighter nearly the shades of lightning then she yelled.

"Shieldan, beride þá heofonum."

Then a loud dampened bang was heard as Gemma felt her body numb. Blue lights were shadowing her vision, but she could see the howling werewolf out of pain and somewhat agony of regret. The beast's eyes weren't blazing red anymore, instead, the tired-kind eyes belonged to Remus dwelled inside them.

As soon as the beast was within the Whomping Willow's reach, it pushed the beast back inside the entrance it was meant to keep. Gammaliel's hand was trembling out of fright and she looked up to the thundering sky as it slowly disappeared.