Chapter 14

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•
14 - Eros's Arrow

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•14 - Eros's Arrow

"Regulus Black-jaw." Evan Leon Rosier sniggered pointing at the purplish spot on his friend's face from their quidditch match. "If you got it in your eyes, it would be Regulus Black-eye—"

    "Evan." the younger Black warned, hoisting his bag loosely as he shifted on his seat in the Slytherin common room. "If I hear you make that joke again, next thing you know you'll be drinking coffee with draught of the living dead."

   Regulus tore his gaze away to the window, his eyes caught the sheer emerald light from the black lake, he had to narrow his eyes to spot the shimmy figure dancing beneath the glass. Like a dim silver light in the ravenous water, they hummed and sang to their joy sending a mild hum to the magical glass. An ancient fireplace was set ablaze, crackling woods fibre under an elaborately carved mantelpiece. When the rest of Hogwarts thought dungeon was cold and dark, there was a raw, uncaptured beauty lingered inside it.

     Evan clicked his tongue, grinning, "It was funny all right." the boy stretched his arms, then dug his hand to the bag by his side, his brows furrowed. "Oi, Reg, did you have my chocolate? It's on a tin can."

"No." replied Regulus calmly, well technically he didn't have it with him, it was Rosier's mistake that he always put his sweets stocks in his bag instead of his own for the sake of self-control. "Maybe you ate them all and forgot it like last week."

"No!" Evan scrunched his nose, denying his best friend's accusations. "They have pomegranates inside it." he twisted his body to the side and searched his pocket. "I always save it last."

Regulus tried to fight back his grin, he cleared his throat and spoke with poised voice, "Maybe it's time for you to cut your sugar, Evs." he stated coolly, "Too much candy means teeth cavity, besides sugar will affect your health, won't that be a shame if you cannot maintain your King of duel title?"

Rosier gasped and declared pompously. "That's rude, I am fighting fit!" his hand grasped the nearest scarf on the chair and threw it to Regulus. "There is nothing such as too much candy and I work better when there is sugar in my blood. You should be proud of me, some people choose alcohol or smoke some weird grass to keep themselves sane," he grumbled, brows furrowed as he dived his hands inside his bag once again. "I am eating candy as stress-reliever and you managed to tell me how horrible I am for it."

Regulus merely shook his head at Evan's sugar tantrum, albeit, his eyes caught a peculiar mark on his friend's neck. "I am sure there is something better than candy for you," he stated nonchalantly, hoisting an eyebrow at Rosier's neck. "For instance, Selwyn."