Chapter 23

•❅─────────✧❅✦❅✧─────────❅•
23 - Leo

•❅─────────✧❅✦❅✧─────────❅•23 - Leo

Pain seeped to her skin, and neon blue illuminated the plum-colored mark left on her wrist. Gammaliel cringed, on how she, after all those years, still feared the boy. Her back used the stone wall for leverage as her lips parted whispering old-english, lucky that summer Merlin had taught her rapid healing spell. Though, at that moment she wished she knew magic to modify time as she waited for the guests were queueing to leave the chambers.

Warmth tingled her peach skin, as she felt the pain gradually faded before the plum mark faded to green then back into the shade of her skin. The Irish peered to her wand on the floor, flexible rowan wood and dragon heart strings that especially made for her by Mr. Ollivander — because apparently no other wood was strong enough to chanel her magic, she tried, really, and by her touch she had broken numerous wand split into two, except for Rowan wood — which was a lucky coincidence, considering Rowan tree was the crest of Merlin's family. The witch flicked her wrist and the wand flung back to her pocket before she looked up and stepped out to return to the front door of the Professor's chamber.

"Ah Miss Zygo, I've been wondering where you were, didn't get lost back there didn't you?" joked the Professor, Gemma forced a small smile on her face. She shook her head, Slughorn narrowed his eyes as he paused leaving the front door wide open, "Miss Zygo, are you all right?"

"Yes... yes, I'm all right, Sir." replied the witch as calmly as possible, both of her hands gripping the side of her dress. Her feet briskly stepped forward to the door, "Thank you for inviting me, Professor. Have a good evening."

"My pleasure, Miss Zygo." replied Slughorn.

The girl nodded politely and twisted her body to exit the chamber. The Professor smiled and waved before she heard the door shut magically behind her. Gammaliel sighed, as she waved both of her hands in front of her face fanning her eyes. She looked up in the hope the tears wouldn't burst.

The corridor dimmed with chandelier-lit, there was nothing but voidness that engulfed each being passing the stony path. Though it was logical, the courtyard's clock rang signaling that it was nearing curfew. The Irish witch gathered the saneness left in her, eyes darting from the ceiling down to her shiny mary-jane. Morphine Avery was an ill-mannered git who tainted her heart with the darkness Persephone had. She shouldn't have come to the dinner if only she knew she would see him.

Her whimpers echoed in the castle's stone walls, now that she realized she was completely alone, or at least that was what she thought.