Chapter 11

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•
11- Persephone

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•11- Persephone

"MUM!" The azure eyes jolted open. Her vision was shadowed by a glint of blue light, tears polishing her eyes and the little girl remembered. She was dying, she was on the verge of the death's kiss.

Yet there she was, alive.

Breathing heavily, her poor heart was pumping out adrenaline that kept her eyes open, aware of her surroundings. Only then, she was sat on a marbled table, and she peered down to her body. Gemma's porcelain skin covered with faintly visible sapphire flames. Every inch of her skin was devoured by the flames like she was parts of its being and existence.

Gammaliel didn't feel the heat of the amount of fire on her body, only her body's heat. Then her eyes flew away to search around her, where there were only the ferocious flames caging her from the view outside the border. She squinted her aquic eyes to what was happening before her.

There laid a man and woman, the man with long, rough raven curls was holding a woman in his hand. The pair of calloused hands touched either side of the woman's milky skin, caressing her cheeks. The man buried his head to her neck and murmuring something to the woman. Gammaliel could feel the surge of agony and pain that he felt.

The woman laid in her bright green dress, eyes shut and her lips parted. Her silky brown hair was sharing the same twisty DNA with the cursed girl. Lying weakly on the cold marbled floor and as it seemed, she was breathless and soulless. The great Old magic had been tricky and unfair at times.

"Dad!" Gammaliel called, sobbing at the pain he felt reflected towards her. The girl's eyes pooled with aqua beads rolling down to her cheeks.

     The Irish wizard engulfed the woman he loved so dearly that he wouldn't let go. In the hope, her veins pulsated against his skin once again. He cursed on the three goddesses of Old-Religion to be sinister, to be malicious to take her away from him unnoticed. It was foolish for Austin to let his grieve took every drop of love out of him.

A fox's life for a girl's, whereas to take the girl's life back, a woman's soul was taken. Gammaliel's hands were covering her ears and eyes, voices of the woman sang her lullaby, echoed in her ears, and invaded the manor. She was gone, because of her.

     Murderer!

Fire blazing higher and higher as emotion took over the girl's core of magic. Was it agony, was it grieve, or regret or maybe all at once. That was when the pure glass of water was polluted by darkness over a drop of ink called Morphine Avery.