Chapter 1

Warnings: abuse, suicidal actions, smut, molestation, homophobia, ED, and talk of killing oneself

~This is more about what happens once they get together, not completely about them getting together. They do get romantically involved pretty quickly  ~

I brought you daffodils in a pretty string
But they won't flower like they did last spring

'Finally' was the first thought to enter Harry's mind as he walked through the streets of his town, Little Whinging. The last year attending Hogwarts, finally. Harry loved the school as much as the next person, but this year being his last meant he could move away from his family. Therefore, he couldn't be much happier.

He had also made it all the way to seventh year without good 'ole Voldie killing him. Harry killed Voldemort before he had the chance to kill Harry. It was quite traumatic for everyone involved. The killing of Voldemort was never expected to be easy. Although no one expected it to be that hard.

The battle had left Harry more than traumatized.

Innocent lives had been taken on his behalf. Professor Lupin's wife had been taken from him because of Harry. Holding the knowledge that people died for you was not easy knowledge to bear.

Harry was now a sort of shell of who he was when he first came to school. The innocent starry eyed boy he had been was now only a memory.

Now, Harry was returning to Hogwarts after his awful summer with his revolting aunt and uncle. They had never treated him with even a drop of respect. Harry was absolutely sure they wished Voldemort had killed him along with his parents.

Hogwarts was his escape from all of that ugliness in his so called home. Harry was eternally grateful for his home away from home and the people who befriended him. Those people became his family. That place became his home. They were more of a family than his had ever been, that's for sure.

He left his 'home' on his own considering his aunt and uncle would never doing anything for him, the freak. The journey to the train station was not a simple one. The weather was quite shit in all honesty. It was cold and soggy. The only part Harry enjoyed from this journey was the smell of rain. The smell of the passing rain was still very apparent in the air.

Harry eventually arrived at platform 9 3/4 after a long and grueling walk. His shoes and the bottoms of his slacks were a bit wet from walking through puddles.

Harry shook off like a wet dog when he entered the building. He pushed past many people to reach his platform. Once he arrived at it he worked up courage to run through it.

Although he had done it many times before, it still rattled him to run through a brick wall. Harry always thought one time the brick wall just wouldn't let him through especially after the incident at the start second year. When the wall actually locked up.

He collected himself then looked to see his friends walking swiftly to him with their arms open. They reached him and pulled him into a hug. Harry held in a wince he was so tempted to let escape, the slightly aggressive embrace hurt the fresh bruises on his body.

"Harry I'm so glad you made it safely" Hermione said as she pulled away from the hug. Her eyes dropped to his pants, her face twisted into confusion. "Why are you soggy?"

Harry looked down at his clothing, then back up at his friends. He brushed it off with a chuckle and a subtle response. "Oh well, I got out of my aunt and uncles car, just to step in a large puddle!" He smiled throughout his sentence, as if he was telling a true funny story.

The other two laughed as well at Harry's supposed bad luck.

"Well mate you're finally here and that's all that matters, it took you long enough though" Ron brushed his red hair out of his eyes. "Well..my uncle and aunt were running late so it took a little for them to drive me here" He lied right through his teeth. "How are those old farts anyway?" Ron said, making his way through the crowd of students holding Hermione's hand.