Chapter 8

I could follow you to the beginning
And just to relive the start

The next two months went by a breeze. The same routine every day. Eating, classes, reading, sleep. They gradually found out more and more about each other. Harry didn't mind it, neither did Draco. It was calm. Calm was all the two had ever wanted.

Harry awoke at around 3:14 am. His arms were entangled around Draco who was sleeping soundly.  Harry's head felt heavy, his eyes felt watery. He barely remembered why he had woken up in the first place. A bad dream probably.

Harry slowly escaped Draco's grip and tip toed into the common room. The collar of his shirt felt as if it was tightening around his neck. Harry unbuttoned the first two buttons on his sleep wear. He ran his hand through his hair.

He couldn't shake the feeling someone was watching him. Harry looked around the common room about three times and saw nothing. He heard Draco shift around in his bed. Harry went into his room and grabbed around under his bed for the invisibility cloak, once he found it he grabbed his marauders map. He also made sure to grab his wand. Then walked back out into the common room.

Harry took a deep breath and slid his shoes on. He grabbed a piece of parchment and a quill, he left a note in case Draco woke up, which was unlikely. 'Out for a stroll on the grounds, needed some fresh air' it read.

He tip toed back into Draco's room and left the note on the pillow beside him. Harry took a moment to look down at Draco and admire the way the moonlight peaking out from the side of the curtain hit Draco's porcelain skin. Harry smiled and swiftly left. He walked out of their dorm putting the cloak on and crept around the hallways.

Harry made his way outside through a passage he had found 4 years earlier with the help of his map. "I solemnly swear I am up to no good" Harry whispered and the map revealed itself. He smiled and walked on the dewy grass.

He took the cloak off once he was out of sight and inhaled deeply. The fresh air was exactly what he needed, his head had stopped pounding. Harry walked around the grounds, just wandering about.

All was calm until he heard a branch snap behind him. Harry stopped dead in his tracks and halted his breathing. Harry grabbed hold of his wand. He slowly turned around. "Lumos" He mumbled and a light sprouted from the end of his wand. He walked towards the sound he had heard.

Harry looked down to find a branch snapped in half. He hadn't imagined it, someone or something had broken a branch. Harry's heart rate sped up, he tried to rationalize what was happening. Probably just an animal.

Someone tapped on Harry's right shoulder. Harry spun around and stared down at a girl who stared back at him.

"I didn't mean to startle you, I was out for a stroll. I didn't think anyone else would be out here" The girl said sincerely.

"It's alright, my fault I get startled easily. If you don't mind my asking what's your name?" He said while looking down at her emerald green pajamas. A Slytherin.

"Parkinson, Pansy Parkinson" She held her hand out and smiled. "Harry Potter" He grabbed hold of her hand and shook. "I know who you are" She giggled. Harry's eyebrows furrowed. He dropped it, most people knew who he was after all.

"How's Draco?" She looked up at Harry and continued walking. He followed walking side by side with her. "You know him?" Harry said while facing forwards, still holding onto his belongings. "Know him? That twit is my best friend" She giggled again. "Well he's doing fine." Harry smiled.

"Shag yet?" Pansy said with a playfulness in her tone. Harry just about choked on his spit. "Wh- what?" He said frantically. "Calm down Potter I'm joking, I know he would never shag before taking you to dinner first" She smiled.