Chapter 6

And when I felt like I was an old cardigan
Under someone's bed
You put me on and said I was your favorite

Draco's heart dropped at those two words Harry managed to utter. He let out a shaky breath, trying to keep his composure for Harry. Harry shook in his arms and sucked in deep hard breaths. Draco held him tighter than he'd ever held anything or anyone. Harry slowly calmed down, he sniffled and hiccuped a few times. Draco inhaled deeply and exhaled slowly, trying to calm himself down.

Harry slowly sat up and looked at Draco. Harry smiled softly and leaned in to kiss Draco's cheek. Draco blushed, more than he had when they were making out. Draco smiled and placed his hand on Harry's cheek. "Are you alright now?" Draco said softly, no edge, no anger.

"I'm such a mess I'm sorry you got stuck dealing with me, I promise when we're no longer living together you will not have to deal with me" Harry said softly and wiped his eyes once more. Draco felt a pang of sadness wash over him. Harry probably wanted him gone.

Draco let out a sigh and shook away the thoughts..he probably was over thinking as always. "Y- yes of course right" Draco stuttered, he only stuttered around Harry. It was embarrassing. Draco pulled his hand away from Harry's tear stained cheek. "Well then it's just about lunch isn't it?" Draco said clearing his throat.

Harry's eyes widened. He'd cried and acted like a fool for that long. "Oh my it is?" Harry frantically stated.

"Yes, it is" Draco said chuckling. "Would you care for some lunch or not?" Draco said looking at him. Harry was rather hungry, his stomach felt empty. So did his head. Harry grumbled and shook his head. He wanted to sleep, starve. Draco tilted his head a little. "You sure you're not a little famished?" Draco moved a piece of hair off of Harry's forehead.

Harry shrugged and took his school robe off. "I don't wanna go anywhere" He said and walked over to his bedroom. Draco followed. "But are you hungry?" Draco caught himself. "I mean not that I care or anything" He said crossing his arms. "Right" Harry rolled his eyes. Draco smiled a little but wiped it off his face.

"Are you hungry though?" Draco said again. "I'll be fine until dinner." Harry said softly and sat down on his bed.

"But you hardly ate any of your breakfa-" He stopped talking and sighed. Harry couldn't know Draco noticed, or cared. "What if I got food here? Would you eat? Oh..and...uh.. I'm asking because I'm hungry" Draco said trying to cover up and doing a right awful job at it.

"Then go eat" Harry said toeing off his shoes. Draco shifted a little. "Well..no I don't want to leave you here alone" Harry looked over at him. He sighed. "Yes, get some food here I will eat" Harry said. He was emotionally exhausted and just wanted a nap. The only way to get Draco off of his case was to just say he's going to eat. Even if he wasn't going to. Draco smiled, satisfied with himself. "Well then I'll get the food here and we can eat alright?" Draco looked over at Harry who was now getting comfortable in his bed.

"Alright" Harry said softly and snuggled into his covers. He curled into a ball and pulled the covers around him. "Alright" Draco smiled and left the room closing the door softly. He let out a breath and walked out of their dorm.

Harry fell asleep, a deep sleep as always. Harry let himself be vulnerable, and with his enemy none the less. He moved around in his bed, not dreaming of anything. His mind was quiet for once. It made him happy.

Draco walked through the halls nodding at Slytherin who acknowledged him first. Someone was calling his name. He turned to look back. It was Luna Lovegood. Looney Luna. "Finally I caught up with you" Luna said smiling cheerily as always.