Chapter 10

If I could fly, I'd be coming right back home to you

Harry closed his trunk after he made sure he had everything. He wouldn't stay another minute in that hell hole of a house. Harry limped and winced as he moved around the room searching for anything he may have forgot. Once he had finished his last sweep of the room, he took in a shaky breath and apparated out of the room. Harry always hated apparition. He hated the feeling of being squeezed through a small tube. It haunted his dreams.

When he opened his eyes he was standing in the middle of his common room on the white carpet in front of the soft red couch. He took in the familiar setting and managed a smile. The fireplace, the faint tan color that was spread on all the stone walls of the room.

Harry felt relief flood him. Harry bent over and held his side, he knelt down to sit on the soft carpet. "Draco" Harry called out softly. He knew Draco probably wouldn't be able to hear him, but it hurt to do much of anything. Harry couldn't take all of this pain. He hadn't felt it for so long. Harry began crying. Everything was numb in the moment of coming back but once Harry had  a second to just sit there, all the pain came rushing in.

Draco snapped up once he heard someone in the common room. He grabbed his wand and made his way to the door. He was afraid.

"Dray" Harry said once more a tiny bit louder, hoping he would hear. Draco did hear him, his wand clattered to Harry's stone floor. He ran out into the common room to see Harry sitting on the floor clutching his side. Draco was beyond relieved Harry was home. Draco was beyond relieved that he was home again. Harry meant home to him, he had never felt so internally satisfied.

Draco ran over to him and sat down, taking Harry into his arms. "Harry, oh Harry what happened?" Draco held him. "I'm sorry" Harry mumbled through his tears. "I'm sorry I really tried I'm sorry" Harry sobbed into Draco's shirt. Harry continued to ramble on about how sorry he was. Draco sadly knew exactly what Harry was apologizing for. "It's okay, sh sh it's okay" Draco stroked Harry's hair.

Harry cried and held onto Draco. "Harry, love, calm down it's ok" Draco said. Harry's cries gradually subdued. "Dray..I'm sorry" Harry mumbled. "No, don't apologize to me. Now what did they do to you?" Draco said shakily.

Harry slowly sat up, Draco helped him. Harry removed his shirt slowly. Draco let his tears fall when he saw the big bruise on Harry's right side. "Oh harry." Draco whispered and traced the bruise's outline with his finger softly. Draco's eyes fell to Harry's right wrist. A new one. Draco's heart tightened. "You're never going back there again I promise." Draco said.

"Any other bruises or marks or anything?" Draco looked down at him. Harry rolled up his pant leg. A bruise on his shin. Draco sighed and softly caressed Harry's arm.

Draco kissed Harry's forehead. "I'm gonna go and get Sev ok?" Draco whispered. Harry nodded. Draco got up and grabbed his shoes. He put them on. "I'll be back in a few minutes" Draco opened the portrait. "Be safe" Harry said as Draco left. "You know I will." Draco said before the portrait shut behind him.

Draco came back only a few minutes later with Snape. "Harry glad to see you safe" Snape smiled. "Me too sir" Harry said. "No more sir, call me Sev." Snape said back. Harry nodded.

"Will do sir- Sev, sorry" Harry shook his head. Draco was smiling. "Now what has happened this time?" Snape looked down at Harry, examining the boy. "My rib cage and my shin" Harry said. Harry's shirt was still on the floor. Snape studied the bruise on Harry's rib cage. He mumbled healing incantations while reviewing it. Snape looked down to Harry's shin. Draco got down and softly rolled up Harry's pant leg.

Snape mumbled more healing incantations. "Don't go anywhere tomorrow, please just stay in and rest" Snape looked at Harry. Harry nodded. "Make sure he doesn't go anywhere" Snape looked down to Draco. "I'll be sure of it, thank you Sev" Draco smiled.