Chapter 16

I used to hear a simple song, that was until you came along
Now in its place is something new,
I hear it when I look at you

Christmas Morning.

Harry awoke at around ten, he had been jittery all night. Excitement pumping through his veins. Harry was genuinely excited about Christmas this year. Amazing family, gifts, Draco. Everything was perfect, absolutely perfect.

Harry rolled on top of Draco and kissed his chin. "Wake up darling" Harry cooed. Draco grumbled and turned over with Harry, pulling him back into his arms. Harry smiled and pecked the tip of Draco's nose. "It's Christmas darling" Harry said softly as he caressed Draco's cheek.

"Christmas can wait another 30 minutes" Draco said groggily, he was barely conscious. "No, no it cannot. Come on Dray I wanna go open gifts" Harry nagged. Draco's eyes completely fluttered open. He smiled when he was met with the cheery face of his love. "Fine love" Draco said and went in to kiss Harry.

Harry stopped him. "No darling, I have awful morning breath. I don't want to accidentally kill you" Harry chuckled. Draco shook his head and rolled his eyes. "I don't care" Draco kissed Harry softly.  A good morning kiss.

"Now c'mon" Harry got out of bed tugging on Draco's hand. "I am I am calm down" Draco chuckled and got up. He put his slippers on and handed Harry his. Harry slid his own on.

They made their way downstairs, passing Bellatrix on the way. They smiled to her and continued to the main room. Narcissa was already in there, sitting on the couch. She seemed to be waiting for them.

"Happy Christmas Mum!" Draco walked over to her and leaned down to hug her. Harry hugged her as well. "Happy Christmas Narcissa" Harry pulled away and sat on one of the arm chairs.

"Well then I will sort the gifts." Narcissa smiled and walked over to the tree. Harry looked out of the large window and saw snow covering the land as far as he could see. A warm sensation filled Harry. This dark manor seemed so light in this moment.

"Good morning!" Bellatrix came into the room and waved hello to everyone. Harry smiled at her, then noticed she had her wand tucked into her pocket. He found it odd, but let it slide. Maybe she was ready to defend them against an intruder or something.

Bellatrix had become a very close person to Harry. She gave him advice, she joked with him, and she was there for him. Harry and her had began to become friends, very good friends. He trusted her, he believed she was truly a changed woman.

"Here Harry" Narcissa pushed his pile of gifts towards him. Harry looked completely stunned, his face frozen with a large smile. "Thank you so much, you really didn't have to" Harry managed out. Narcissa shook her head and smiled. "You deserve it hon." She smiled and gave Draco his pile, then Bellatrix her's.

They all began opening at the same time. Draco and Harry occasionally looking at the other person's gifts. Harry saw a few items of clothing he knew he would be stealing from Draco when they returned back to Hogwarts. Draco saw some cologne's of Harry's he would definitely be using without Harry's permission.

Bellatrix had opened all of her gifts. She got up and hugged everyone, saying thank you along the way. "I'll be right back" She smiled and disappeared into her room.

Narcissa smiled at the two boys. "Do you two like your gifts?" She asked. "Yes, these are truly amazing. I'm so grateful" Harry said to her, nearly in tears. He had never had this kind of experience. Everyone was happy and getting along. There was no yelling or stress. Harry felt safe. He felt as if this whole home was untouchable.

Draco placed his hand on Harry's. Harry looked up at Draco and smiled. "I got you a gift." Draco said softly and handing Harry a box. Harry quirked his head. "I've got one for you two." Harry handed Draco a smaller box.