Chapter 13

White lips, pale face
Breathing in the snowflakes

Harry awoke maybe just an hour or two after he had drifted off to sleep. When he woke up his head was resting on a pillow instead of Draco. Harry rubbed his tired eyes as he sat up, looking around. He grabbed for his glasses and put them on.

Harry got up and walked over to Draco's room. "Draco?" he said into the seemingly empty room. Harry cocked his head and turned to go into his own room. Harry looked around "Draco?" He said into his empty room.

Harry's heart rate sped up. He tried not to let himself become too worried. Harry took a deep breath and opened the door to the study. "Draco?" Harry said shakily.

No response.

There was just one more room to check. The bathroom. Harry hesitantly placed his hand on the bronze doorknob, hoping Draco would just be using the restroom or brushing his teeth. Harry closed his eyes and inhaled deeply while opening the door. He opened his eyes to find an empty bathroom.

"Draco?" Harry was now becoming increasingly panicked. "Draco?!" Harry ran around the dorm looking for him. His vision became blurred from tears welling up in his eyes. They had just gotten each other back, now they were apart again.

Harry messily put on his shoes and sped off to Snape's room. Snape must know where Draco is.

Harry looked around the hallway, half heartedly hoping he would see Draco walking back to their dorm. He didn't.

Harry stumbled into Snape's classroom, the door was already open. "Professor?" Harry said as he entered the room.

The scene in front of Harry calmed him instantly. "Dray" Harry said softly as he wiped his teary eyes. Draco turned around to see Harry's puffy red eyes and droopy posture. "Oh Harry I didn't think you'd be awake yet" Draco walked over to him, placing his hands on harry's cheeks and kissing him softly on the forehead. "I'm so sorry I scared you darling" Draco took Harry's hands in his, rubbing the backs of them with his thumbs.

"You cannot just do that Dray I was so scared I thought I'd lost you again. At least leave a note or somethi-" Harry was cut off by Snape clearing his throat. Draco turned back around, as did Harry.

Harry was surprised to see Draco's mother standing in the room as well. "Harry, love hello" Narcissa smiled at him lovingly and pulled him into a warm embrace. "Hi Ms. Malfoy" Harry smiled as he hugged the nice woman.

"What did I say about that formal garbage? Call me Narcissa" She pulled away from the hug and smiled. "We were actually just talking about you Harry" Snape cut in.

Draco smoothly wrapped his arm around Harry's lower back. "What about?" Harry furrowed his eyebrows. "Christmas break is very soon as you probably already know" Snape said.

A lump formed in Harry's throat. He hadn't even thought about it, returning back to his suffocating family. Harry got a tiny bit shaky, his anxiety kicking in. Draco noticed the slight twitch in Harry's eyebrow. He figured the thought of going home to that family may stress Harry out. So, he slowly began rubbing small soothing circles on Harry's hip.

"We've made arrang-" Snape continued speaking before Draco excitedly cut him off. "You're staying with us for Christmas Harry" Draco turned to face Harry. Draco was beaming.

Harry felt a smile tugging at the corner of his lips. "Really?" Harry looked at Snape and Narcissa. "It would be an absolute honor to have you at the manor this Christmas." She smiled and reached out to place a hand on his shoulder.

"Are you sure it's no imposition, I don't want to intrude" Harry's eyes flickered from Narcissa to Draco. "Of course it's no imposition. It would be lovely to spend Christmas with you" Narcissa smiled sweetly.