Chapter 4.

Fallon was gliding through the air, her wings spread and the wind blowing in her hair. She could hardly believe she was flying to Velaris, the City of Starlight.

She tired to imagine it from what she'd heard about it, although she knew it would beat all of her expectations.

That turned out to be true when she got her fist gaze of it as she flew through the shield surrounding it. The Sun kissed her face and the view of the sea left her speechless. Everything here was so pure, so untouched, so stunning.

She was so busy admiring the city that she almost crashed into Cassian who'd come to greet her and show her the way to her new residence.

"Welcome," he said, returning her bright smile.

It was a lot to take in. She would never have thought the High Lord of the Night Court lived in such a place. But people were full of surprises and maybe this place was what'd kept him sane during his rule.

Fallon knew she was here because many of Cassian's friends were gone for the time being.

"This is incredible," she said to Cassian as a hello.

He only winked at her and led the way for her to follow. They flew over colourful streets, full of laughter and life. This was indeed a gem that had to be kept from the destructive hands of others.

They landed on a balcony of a giant house located high up. There seemed to be thousands of stairs leading to it and flying was the preferred option to take to reach it.

Fallon turned to face the city once again before Cassian got her attention, "The house is emptier than usual, but-"

He was cut off by a beautiful blonde striding out, "Hey, Fallon," she came closer and Fallon could see the spark in her brown eyes. "Wow, you're just as stunning in person," she said as she hugged Fallon.

Fallon sent out a help me look to Cassian who only shook his head, smiling.

"I'm Morrigan," the captivating blonde said once she stepped back, "but you can call me Mor."

Fallon nodded, not used to the care, or any kind of physical attention for that matter.

"Mor, meet Fallon," Cass said, seeing how flustered Fallon was.

"I can't believe I'm actually meeting the girl who kicked Azriel's ass," Mor laughed, her head turning toward the door where Azriel was standing.

Fallon hadn't noticed him earlier and he only gave her a small nod as a greeting.

Past him, a small figure appeared. She was walking toward Fallon, her short black hair swaying with each step. Her silver eyes narrowed when she reached Fallon, her hand stretched out, "Amren."

Fallon took her hand, "Fallon." It was a brief meeting, fellow soldiers getting acquainted.

Amren gave a nod of approval to Cassian before facing Fallon again.

"You're called Fallon, but is that your real name?" Amren inquired, her head cocked to the side.

"Actually, my name is Vivienne, but I go by Fallon," Fallon liked her name, but she had to admit it wasn't as powerful and warrior-like as Fallon.

"I like Vivienne better," Mor mused before grabbing Fallon's hand and leading her inside to show her around.

"This is going to be interesting," Fallon heard Amren say before they left the balcony.

---

The inside of the house was not like Fallon had imagined it. She'd thought it would be dark and cold, but this house was the exact opposite. It was cozy. Even her new room felt homey, even if it was so so big that Fallon's eyes spread wide when Mor had shown it to her.