Chapter 16.

"Packing already?" Azriel popped his head into Vivienne's room. She'd just finished lunch with Mor and Feyre since they won't be seeing each other for a while.

While they'd been drinking their morning tea in the living room, Cassian strode in to announce the big news. Rhys had come to an agreement with Kassian and the training would start as soon as they could get to Winter Court.

The Commander explained the plan was that Vivienne would train with the Illyrian fleets with the help of one of Cassian's best commanders, while he, Rhys and Azriel bring together the foot soldiers of Night and Winter Court.

This did pose a new, and frankly, terrifying challenge, for Vivienne, but if anything, she'd be able to get the Illyrians under control. Until not so long ago she was one of them herself, but now she wasn't even sure they'd acknowledge her. But surely they'd have to, right? She was after all sent there by the High Lord himself.

What made her heart ache even more were all the goodbyes she had to do. Amren had gone somewhere warm with Varian a few weeks ago and wasn't back yet, but everyone else was here. She'd even discussed this with Feyre during their lunch. How could she be apart from Rhys for such long periods of time?

Feyre smiled at her sadly when she explained that sometimes it had to be that way. Rhys was needed in other courts and she had to run things from here as the High Lady. The only thing consoling Vivienne was the fact that she and Azriel had the whole day left together and that they would be flying there.

"I'm almost done," Vivienne said as she plopped down on her bed, next to the bag filled with fighting clothes and weapons.

Azirel stepped into her room and Vivienne could hardly keep herself still on the bed, she wanted to be close to him, especially now that they had so little time left together.

Sometimes she thought fate truly was playing a cruel game with her. Every time she'd gotten within the reach of happiness, it was somehow taken away from her. But this time she would now allow it. Not by any chance.

Azirel's eyes sparkled playfully as he stopped in front of Vivienne and looked down at her. Her dark hair stood out against the mostly white room. Although the walls weren't bare and the drawers filled with books, leathers and daggers, Azriel knew that it would take much more time to make this room a reflection of her soul. But they had the time of the world and could take care of it when this mission was over. "I'm afraid you won't be able to finish right now because if I remember correctly, I was promised a date this morning."

Vivienne laced her hands through his and Azriel didn't fail to notice the flash of skin, baring her toned stomach. The Night Court fashion suited her perfectly, and Azriel was for once glad for the cropped top.

Vivienne batted her eyelashes, "Is that so?" she mused, "And where exactly are we going, babe?"

Azriel's brows shot up in surprise and Vivienne bit her lip to stop from laughing at his stricken expression.

"Babe ..." Azirel echoed slowly, as if he was tasting how the words felt on his lips.

"Yes?" Vivienne looked up at him, feigning innocence, realising she caught him off guard once again.

"What?" Realisation slowly dawned on his face and Azriel'd had enough of her teasing. He slowly leaned forward forcing her to lay down on her back, trapped between his strong, tattooed arms. He waited just until her gaze grew sultry before commencing his spontaneous attack.

Vivienne squeaked, surprising even herself that a sound like this could be formed by her lips, but she couldn't help it. Azriel started tickling her and she couldn't escape from under his strong body perched over her.