Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Leave

No. He could not harm my aunt, he would not do it, I would not let him. Tita Eleanor was the only mother figure that I had since my parents passed away.

In an abrupt manner, I pulled myself in a sitting position from being intensely and quietly laying on the bed, secretly listening to Damien's angry and controlled yet soothing and calming voice earlier, well, for me, it sounded like that in my ear, and for this matter of minute I just realized how strange his voice was with his sexy and obvious accent.

And there I thought that his deep voice was somewhat giving me the assurance that I was safe here in this expensive hotel room where Damien had chosen for us to stay, located near Union Square, San Francisco, California. A foreign state where Damien could just dump and leave me in this hotel alone. Possibly leaving me with the expenses and bill to pay off, and which I was, did not have the money for the payment, and that would lead me to prison of course. I could not even afford a bottle of water here.

Practically and critically thinking, I did not want to escape from his clutches for now, if I try, I would only get to starve myself in the streets of California, and I did not want him to leave me either. He brought me in this side of the world, I needed to make sure that I have enough money to go back to my country before I could initiate my escape and warn my aunt.

Hindi niya puwedeng saktan ang natitirang kadugo ko. Hindi ba puwedeng lubayan niya na lamang sila? Nandito naman na ako, 'di ba't ako naman ang kailangan niya?

Nang hindi nag-iisip ay padabog akong bumaba ng kama at mabilis na lumapit sa kanya sa labas, kung saan siya nakatayo sa terrace.

Hinablot ko ang hawak niyang cellphone kaya 'di niya napigilan ang mga pangyayari dahil sa gulat at hinarap ako. Mariin kong dinikit sa aking tainga ang kanyang cellphone at pinakinggan ang nagsasalita sa kabilang linya.

"Boss, what if your girl would know about it—"

"I'm warning you! Do not hurt my aunt!" I shouted over the screen of Damien's dear phone when I brought it down from being pressed again my ear before I ended the call.

Marahas kong tinapon ang cellphone na tumama sa matigas na dibdib ni Damien at walang kahirap-hirap niya 'yong nahuli.

Bigla kong pinagsisihan ang katangahang ginawa ko nang inangat ko ang aking paningin sa mukha ni Damien.

His chiselled face appeared to be in rage, a dark scowl etched on it, an expression of his that just always made my knees wobble. I felt like melting under his penetrating gaze upon meeting his venomous charcoal grey eyes like ashes had blown in the middle of his scorching fury.

The thought of him as the short-tempered, easily provoke, and impatient man did not cross my mind before I strode across the room to the terrace to snatch his phone.

Was I in danger? That I just brought my own damnation and demise? But I could not just let him order someone to kill my aunt when I had the chance to prevent it from occuring. The silent stoppage of Damien whilst facing me, and all he did was to peer down at me with piercingly cold charcoal grey eyes just caused more fear and anxiety inside my aching chest.

"Tell me what you heard," utos nito, ilang hakbang lang ang layo sa akin dahil sa ginawa kong pag-atras.

"W-Why? Are you going to murder me?" Kinuyom ko ang aking kanang kamay upang mapatigil ang marahang panginginig sa ginaw at takot.

"No, just tell me," he replied abruptly.

But instead of telling him what I heard earlier. I changed the subject with a soft sigh.