Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Unharmed

Who would like a man to feed me publicly? In front of Caprice to be exact. I rejected his precious offer, he and Maddox left the dining table and marched to the living room not far from the dining table. There they peacefully sat, Damien took the single syrup brown coloured leather sofa like a boss he was and Maddox took the long one.

I wordlessly watched Damien after he settled and made himself comfortable on his seat, he was actually facing my direction. Of course we could see one another, there was no wall to separate the living room and where the dining table was placed.

After all, this was a condo.

Damien's hard and strong jaw tensed when Maddox told him something that we, Caprice and me could not hear from where we were. The men were actually talking in a low, husky and hush yet hard tone. I could not fathom which is which, their baritone voices muffled in the whole place, and I could not catch a word that they say.

Per contra, just as how quiet they were talking, I could identify the ambience, the atmosphere surrounding them that the conversation was not just all about male talk. It was something heavy and pestiferous like a disease.

Should I ask Damien? Should I know about him and those that related to him? If I had given the chance to ask him and he would answer it honestly. My question would first be who was he? Until now, his age was still a puzzlement to me, I could exactly compare him to a closed book that would never be opened.

I would face the conundrum of seeking personal information about Damien, considering that he would keep me. Not really, I had choices.

Either I stay and unveil the truth behind or escape and veil my identity to hide. I could not know what would happen in the following days with him. For this moment, I chose nothing.

"May sinabi na ba siya sa'yo?"

Agad akong umiwas ng tingin mula sa direksyon kung saan seryosong nag-uusap sila Damien at Maddox. Hindi ko namalayang kanina pa pala ako nakatingin kay Damien.

Tumingin ako kay Caprice, the radiance of her auburn wavy hair amazed me how simple yet elegant she was, even when I heard her talked in tagalog that got me more shocked and surprised.

"Marunong ka pala'ng magsalita ng tagalog?" I asked, and took a spoonful of Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup, slowly blow it and brought the spoon ito my mouth.

How did Caprice cook this? It was tasty and delicious, I could lick the remaining soup left at the corner of my lips.

But my attention shifted back to Caprice when she talked again, in tagalog. Her accent was practiced and good enough.

"Limang taon akong nanirahan sa Pilipinas noon. My father is half Filipino," wika niya, marahan at mahina ang boses nito. "So, Saoirse, did the boss told you something? I mean, something that does not appeal to you?"

He had told me something, I could not forget about it. It was about his purposes why he chose me, why his men abducted several women for him to find a suitable woman to bear his child, the heir of his position.

But I didn't think she meant about that. It was something about Damien's business.

Muli akong sumubo ng mainit na sopas, nakapokus na ngayon ang aking atensyon kay Caprice. Nakuha niya ang interes ko at baka ay katulad kay Cecelion, mabibigyan niya rin ako ng impormasyon tungkol kay Damien.

"Hindi eh," sagot ko, nagiging komportable na ako sa presensya niya. "Pero may alam ako tungkol sa La Cosa Nostra. Do you know Cecelion? 'Yong consigliere niya? He told me a little information about the matter."