Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Bello

"Why are you men wearing tuxedos with black tie? It's a nightclub that we're going! It's not a high school prom or conference meeting!" Caprice blurted moving her hands in the air, acting like she was distressed. "You should be wearing leather jackets and whatever that would look cool and sexy on all of you! Not this serious, businesslike and professional look!"

"Honey, we're not going in that nightclub for fun," Maddox corrected, snaked his strong arm around Caprice's waist and guided her back inside their room to have privacy."We have business to attend—"

Pero hindi nagpapigil si Caprice at huminto siya sa paglalakad bago pa man sila makapasok sa loob ng kanilang kwarto.

"Then why do we have to come?" Annoyance was obvious in Caprice's voice. "Mas gusto kong maghintay na lang dito kasama si Saoirse."

Seeing Maddox in this situation, he looked troubled. I knew that he wanted to silence Caprice at the moment because Damien, that was silently standing straight close beside me could hear all of it.

And I had thought about it that mayhap Damien did not also like the idea of someone complaining to their decisions. I wanted to voice out my concerns, but not at the time being that Caprice was throwing all her frustration at Maddox. I did not want to add another dark tension of the whole condominium between Damien and I, all that I had to do was to obey Damien, but not all the time.

Still, I did not like the idea of Damien that kept on bossing and ordering me around to the point that he was the one who choose and make decisions for me. That was not what I want. I did not want to be controlled.

"You know, it would be hard for me to restrain myself if you're not with me," Maddox said, his tone was calm. "Baka magkagulo lang do'n."

"Maddox, mas magkagulo lang do'n 'pag sinama mo'ko at makita ko ang isa sa mga babae mo noon," tila ay nahawa si Caprice sa pagiging kalmado ni Maddox dahil naging mahinahon na ang boses nito. "Alam mo namang walang preno ang bibig nila."

"Calm down, honey," Maddox's eyes of paris brown softened as he caressed his girlfriend's elbows repeatedly. "I won't do something foolish, okay? Those women are just nothing for me."

Akala ko ay talagang magiging magaan na ang kanilang pag-uusap, pero nagkamali ako nang nakita ang panliliit ng mga mata ni Caprice.

"Yeah, right," she said, nonchalantly. "Make sure of it because if you do foolish and idiotic decisions? Well, I'm sure, Daniel will be there—"

"I will fucking kill Daniel," nagdidilim ang ekspresyon sa mukha ni Maddox, tiim bagang nakababa ang tingin kay Caprice at puwersahang hinigit ito sa braso papasok ng kanilang kuwarto. "Who's Daniel?"

Caprice bit her bottom lip and her bravery earlier turned out to be fear as she was being forced to get inside their room. "I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean it that way, Maddox."

Wala na akong ibang narinig mula sa kanila nang kasunod no'n ay ang marahas na pagsara ni Maddox sa kanilang pinto.

Pilit kong pinipigilan ang pagnguso nang napagtanto kong kanina pa pala abala si Damien sa marahang pag-amoy sa buhok ko dahilan kung bakit medyo nasira ang maalon kong buhok na siyang inayos ni Caprice kanina.

My hair was not actually wavy like this as it flowed down at my back just inches away to reach my waist. Caprice did it for me, even the light make up on my face. She did a great work for maintaining it looked natural, who wanted to look like a clown because of the thick painted face anyway?

We're all ready to leave, and I had chosen to wear this slate grey coloured sequin chain choker mini dress that Damien disliked yet he still bought it, but I made an agreement with him. If he would let me wear the garment, I would follow his orders. I did not expect him to buy my words that fast when he determinedly agreed to it.