Chapter 36

Mia was sitting in the library, trying to forget about what happened by studying, but it wasn't really working. She ran her hands over her face frustratedly. She would have to tell Alexander about it once he came back, she knew that.

She felt kind of bad. Seeing Albus like that broke her heart, but she was too angry and disappointed to forgive him so quickly.

From the corner of her eye, she saw someone appearing in her aisle.

"Hi..."

After hearing that voice, she clenched her jaw. "Leave."

"Mia..."

"I said," she lowered her voice, refusing to look at him, "leave."

Instead of doing what she asked him to do, the boy sat down next to her.

"Can we talk?"

"I have nothing to say to you right now," she said.

"Please," he whispered, placing a hand over hers, which she pulled away quickly.

"Don't touch me," the Ravenclaw glared at him.

"Mia, listen –"

"What?" She snapped. "What do you want?"

"Couldn't we just... forget about what happened and go back to being friends?"

"I wish it was that easy," Mia muttered.

"It can be if we just pretend it never happened," Albus suggested.

"But it did happen."

"Okay, then... how about a memory charm? You can do that, can't you?"

"If I did that, I would treat you like nothing happened, and that's not going to happen," Mia glared at him.

"So you don't want to be my friend anymore?" He asked.

Mia frowned. "I'm not sure, you broke my trust."

Albus ran a hand through his hair frustratedly. "Are you just going to spend Christmas alone, then?"

"Maybe," she shrugged. "That wouldn't be the end of the world."

"Yeah, okay. Fine."

"You shouldn't feel offended, it was you who caused this in the first place. If you want someone to be angry with, then take a look in a mirror."

"I am angry with myself! Can't you just forgive me, Mia?" He gave her a desperate look. "I never meant to hurt you..."

She just sat there staring at him with a blank face, not saying anything.

"What I did was wrong, and I'm sorry. I know I disappointed you, but can we at least be friends? Not super good friends, but friends nonetheless..."

She looked away and let out a deep sigh.

"So? Is that a yes?" He asked.

Mia gave him a stern look. "It's not, but I'll spend Christmas with you."

"Yes!" Albus grinned, throwing his arms around her neck. "Thank you, Mia!"

"Again, I'm not forgiving you –"

"Yes, yes, I know," he mumbled, hugging her to him. "But I'll take it. As long as you talk to me, it's fine."

The Ravenclaw sighed, then hugged him back slowly, making his smile widen.

"I'm still furious," she reminded him quietly.

"I understand. I'm really sorry."

"Apology declined."