•Chapter 2•

Y/N POV:

I stare at the clock behind the teacher. Summer...summer...summer...I chant in my head. My tail twitches in anticipation.

Ringggggg

As soon as the bell goes off, I'm up. I race to the door, ignoring my teacher's angry shouts. Down the stairs, through the hall, out the door, into the street, and- SMACK!

I run right into something, or is it someone? I see a tall boy with wild purple hair glare at me from the ground.

"Watch it," he growls.

"Sorry!" I yelp nervously. I have never been one for human interaction.

He sighs and gets up, dusting off his uniform. He nods to me, then walks quickly away. I stand there for a moment, at a loss for words.

After watching him go, I shake my head, and jog to the convenience store down the street, while thinking.

He was wearing a white shirt, blue tie, and brown jeans. Isn't that our boys uniform? Wait, why do I care?!

I flush a deep crimson. How come I'd never seen him before?

I shake my head and rush into the 7-11 near home. Haru, the cashier waves to me.

"Heeeey Y/n! How's it hangin?" He calls. I grin shyly and return the high five he's waving like a mad man.

"Yo, why're you so red? Is it a boy? Oooh I bet it's a boy!" He squeals and claps his hands as I scan the candy selection.

Sighing, I shake my head and hand him my selection; 3 M&M bags, four Sour Patch Kids, a large Toblerone, and a lemonade. For some fruit.

"If you tell me who it'll be on the house!" Haru taunts. I waver, but only slightly. I only have ten bucks, and I'm sure this will be more.

Relenting, I reply, "He's tall, has cutest fluffy purple hair, and- WAIT-"

But it's too late. Haru grins and sings, "Y/n is in looooove with a GRAAAAAPE!" I cringe, grab my bag of free snacks, and bolt.

~Time skip brought to you by snacks~

My summer is pretty boring at first.  Wake up, eat, listen to Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story in tears, eat, read, eat, sleep. It's not until my second week of this until anything happens.

I'm going down to Walmart to get some food for dinner. Papa is having Eraserhead and Present Mic over for dinner, and I volunteered to cook. They're like uncles to me, but I couldn't subject them to 3 day old KFC. Plus, I love cooking. It reminds me of spending hours in the kitchen with Mom, cooking just about anything and everything.

When I get to the pasta aisle I find the spaghetti about a foot above my reach. I'm about to just use fusilli smwhen an arm reaches over me, grabs the box, and shoves it in my bag.

I whip around and run straight in that boy again. Literally. I topple over and land with a thud on the tile.

"That's the second time, Koneko. Really you should be more careful."

The boy taunts me in his monotone voice. I flush at the nickname.

"I'm not a kitten, you- you- you- hold on gimmie a sec... YOU SQUIP!" I glare up at him until my neck hurts. He raises an eyebrow.

"What is a 'squip'?" He grumbles.

I gasp and grab his arm, changing demeanors immediately.

"You mean to tell me you've NEVER listened to Be More Chill ?? Give me your number!" He stares for a second, then nods and hands me his phone. I add myself and hand it back, smiling.

"Text me later, we NEED to hang out, uh-"

"Shinsou. Hitoshi Shinsou." He cuts me off.

"Y/n Takama!" I reply cheerily.

We pay for our items and walk home. Turns out we live in the same apartment complex. I wave and grin as I make my way inside, feeling my stomach erupt in butterflies. Stop,Y/n I command myself. You barely know him...